Some Quick Questions I Want Clarified

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Quick Questions I Want Clarified

I'm not going to waste your time by making you read a sob story about how my parents hate each other, so I'm just going to get straight to the point. I'm 17 years old and originally I had planned to runaway the day after I turned 18 in a few months, but recent circumstances have now made living with my parents unbearable. I already have an elaborate plan to get out of here and I plan to leave early in the morning on September 19 but I have a few questions I just need answering:

I plan on ditching my phone almost immediately, I know I can be tracked with it. However, I need to keep my Mac computer so I can do things like look for a job, etc.. can I still be tracked by my Mac?

Where can I stay? I have no friends and none of my teachers I trust enough to house with. I live in a suburban area in Indiana but it doesn't take too long to walk to an area where there's nothing but farm fields. I planned on just sleeping in a sleeping bag in those fields but I can probably be dangerous.

Since I don't have a bank account or a drivers license thanks to my family abnormal finical situation, I have about $500 that belong to me that aren't in a bank account or anything, just in a jar in my bedroom. What can I do to maximize the use I get out of this money. What should I be spending it on?

Thanks for taking time to answer my question, they will be truly helpful for my plan!

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us during this difficult time. It sounds like you have thought a lot about your plan to leave and are planning on staying away until you turn 18. It might be a good idea to see if there is a youth shelter in your area instead of trying to camp in the cornfields for the next few months. It is possible to still be tracked through any type of electronic you use if your parents go to the police. It might also be a good idea to get a daily budget idea for how much food will cost daily, if you wanted to rent motel rooms, laundry facilities and other expenses you have maybe not thought about yet. If you want to talk about your plan in more detail, please give us a call so we can help you find a youth shelter in your area. Best of luck and please stay safe.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X