-i have no money yet
    -i need to know how to survive in winter
    -where should i leave my note
    -can i live under my porch
    -should i wait i really don't want to

so confused help me

re: im 12 and i want to runaway in winter

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We can't exactly help you to run away or tell you how to survive on your own. If it is cold where you are are and you have no money, it will most likely be hard to live on your own at the age of 12. If you live under your porch, your parents may still find you or find out you have been living there. We are not legal experts but here is what we know about running away: 18 years old is generally the age that an individual may leave home without permission from their parent or legal guardian. We are not legal experts here but we can speak in general terms. If you are under 18 and leave home without permission, your parent/guardian may file a runaway report with the police. What actions the police take once you are filed as a runaway can vary a lot from state to state and even city to city so we cannot predict exactly what would happen in your case. Generally speaking, if you encounter a police officer while reported as a runaway, you will likely be returned home. However, in that case there may be services (family counseling, etc.) available to you as a youth in crisis/runaway but again, police procedures related to offering those services can be different based on your location or the details of your situation. Another thing to consider is that while running away is not a crime, a legal adult who allows you to stay with them may be putting themselves at risk for being charged with harboring a runaway. One way to find out the laws in your area is to call your local police and ask what their policies are regarding runaway youth.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

RE: re: im 12 and i want to runaway in winter (D)

Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.

Take care,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
      Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

I’m almost 12 and I want to run away. I hate my life, and crying has become my hobby. I cry at least 5 times a week for 30 min -2 hours which I hate. I want to run away and escape, because I don’t want to live in sorrow and more. I know I won’t be happy if I run away but a least I won’t cry anymore right?
        My plan is to
        places to go to
        parks
        libarys
        shelters
        stuff to bring
        sleeping bag
        pillow
        school stuff( I’m going to still go to school)
        Shirts,pants, and so on
        flashlight
        knife
        rope
        metal bowl
        forks,spoons
        and yeah so tell me if I should stay or run away, cuz I don’t want to live in sadness but also don’t want on the street.

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
          Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
          If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
          We hope to hear from you soon.
          Be safe, NRS

Why do you feel sad and want to run away? Why is home bad? And must it not be that bad if you’re willing to stay?

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.
          Thank you, NRS

I’m 12 and I struggle with depression and anxiety sometime I think of sucide but I just get confused and scared I try to runaway from my abuzive mom she abused me verbally and physically I don’t think I have much of a option I have no money and no were to go In just confused

Comment

Me and my friends really want to run away for adventure. But I don't wanna run away for just that I want to do it to get away from my mom and grandma. They're always trying to make me perfect and comparing me to other kids, which I hate. I also want to get away from my dad. He's not accepting and kind of racist. And I hate that. We need help for things to bring. And my friend wants to bring her cat, so we need help for that too.

Comment

• ccsmod11
            ccsmod11 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello –

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes great courage to reach out. We are sorry to hear that life at home has caused you to want to leave.

Running away is a big decision and every person’s situation is different. Because of this, it is hard to say what your exact needs are for what to bring with. It may be easier to call us on our 24/7 hotline number, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), to learn more about what running away would look like for you and what you would need.

We hope the information provided helps. Remember we are available 24/7 and can be toll-free reached at the number listed above. We are confidential, anonymous, and non-direct. We can also be reached via live chat between 4:30pm and 11:30pm CST.

Best Wishes
            ~NRS

Hi I'm 13 and I wanna run away help me
          out

Comment

• ccsmod15
            ccsmod15 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello –

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes great courage to reach out. We are sorry to hear that life at home has caused you to want to leave.

Running away is a big decision and every person’s situation is different. Because of this, it is hard to say what your exact needs are for what to bring with. It may be easier to call us on our 24/7 hotline number, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), to learn more about what running away would look like for you and what you would need.

We hope the information provided helps. Remember we are available 24/7 and can be toll-free reached at the number listed above. We are confidential, anonymous, and non-direct. We can also be reached via live chat between 4:30pm and 11:30pm CST.

Hi my name is lily and Im 13 I want to run away from home so I need some help I want to run away from home because I feel like I dont fit in im not crazy but my mom does not like the things that I like the reson I want to run away is because I feel like my mom desorves a better Dather plz help me

Comment

• ccsmod13
            ccsmod13 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to NRS and sharing a bit about your situation. It sounds like you have not been feeling very supported by your mom lately. You deserve to be treated in a way that makes you feel safe and loved. It can be very isolating sometimes when the people around us do not have the same interests. We are contacted by a lot of young people who have similar feelings as you do and it is completely normal to feel this way. Reaching out for help was a really smart thing to do.

Sometimes having a safe space to talk about things that are upsetting you can relieve some of the stress and help you brainstorm ideas for changing your situation that you hadn't thought of previously. Perhaps you could reach out to another family member or an adult at school like a teacher or a counselor to get support with what you are going through.

We are available 24/7 to listen and help. We want to talk more in detail about your situation at home so that we can better help you. You can reach out any time by calling 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at www.1800runaway.org.

-NRS
        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X