Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I attend the same school if I decide to run away to a friend's house?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I attend the same school if I decide to run away to a friend's house?

Hi, I'm pondering whether or not to run away from home. My father has been treating me great, whilst my mother isn't really. If I do decide to leave home, I plan to take all my clothes and other "necessities" with me. My plan would be to transfer bags in between homes with one of my two friends who live 5 minutes away by foot. Would take a few days but I'm sure it can go smoothly. At this point, I'm desperate to be adopted by someone but I want to stay in the same town I live in. But most likely I'll return home when I feel like its the right time, but who knows. I've learned that there could be consequences for my shelters for "harboring a runaway", if it ever so happens that a runaway report is filed, is there a way I can minimize the penances that come?

re: Can I attend the same school if i decide to run away to a friends house?

Hello,

It sounds like you are concerned that your friend would get into legal trouble for letting you stay with them. We aren't legal experts here so we can't tell you exactly what would happen in that case. If your parents file a runaway report for you and decide to press charges on who you're staying with, it's unlikely that you can do anything about that. That being said, we can't tell you what the right decision is for you to do. You would need to decide whether the consequences are worth it.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here:

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NRSOnlineServicesSurvey

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X