My mom just beat me today.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom just beat me today.

I’m not sure if this is my fault but today she beat me for being 2 days late for finishing my homework. I am 13 and a female and I don’t know what to do. She locked me in my room just right now and I have been crying and praying ever since. What should I do?

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I’m not sure about calling CPS yet because I still love my mom. It’s just that she is harsh and puts too much pressure on me. She wants me to be a perfect angel, but I can’t be that.

Comment

• ccsmod13
        ccsmod13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Making a report to child protective services can be a scary choice to make, but you do not have to make a decision about doing this right away. We care a lot about your safety, so we want you to know that this is an option to get additional help with the situation at home.

We want you to know that you are not alone. Having a support system during a difficult time can be important. We encourage you to reach out to any friends, family members, or other adults that you trust. Sometimes having a safe place to talk about how you are feeling can bring about ideas you had not thought of previously. Perhaps a family member, counselor, or other adult can also help you talk to your mom about you are feeling at home and advocate for your needs.

We truly want to be a support for you during your difficult time. We can be a safe space to talk through your situation and explore your options. You are the expert on your situation and you would know what will work best for you. Our email and Bulletin services are different in that we can only respond twice. If you would like to talk more in detail about your situation and receive immediate help, we encourage you to reach out to us through our hotline at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at 1800runaway.org (click on the CHAT button on our website homepage).

We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can help,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X