need to leave toxic household

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to leave toxic household

im 18, so im allowed to leave if i want to the problem is my parent is not letting me leave. i have suffered ten years of emotional and verbal abuse, ive been waiting till i turn 18 to leave but i have no where to go.. my friends houses are full and my boyfriend cant take me in because his parents wouldnt allow it , all i have is my car,a bag of clothes and my phone (my parents pay for it but i started to pay for it so its mine) i need somewhere to go because i dont wanna end up on the streets... help?

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us here at NRS and we appreciate you sharing a bit about your situation. Leaving at any age can be a challenging decision to make, and we are here to help as much as possible. You are right that at 18 you are considered a legal adult in most states which means you most likely have the legal freedom to choose where you live. It is not fair of your parents to be preventing you from taking these next steps toward independence. You are the expert on your situation and you would know better than anyone when leaving is the best option for you.

If you can contact us directly by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or through live chat at 1800runaway.org, we can search our database for resources in your area. A couple of possible options might be a shelter to stay at temporarily or even a transitional living program which is a long term housing program for young adults. If you would like to continue this conversation and explore your options, we encourage you to reach out anytime! We are available for immediate support by phone and chat 24/7.

We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can help!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X