Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom is abusive and I want to runaway. Please help!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom is abusive and I want to runaway. Please help!!

Hi, my name is Bhavyah, I am 8 years old and I am an Indian. I live in Ontario, Canada. My mom is abusive and yells at me almost every single day. I feel very bad about this. Sometimes she is so angry that I don't even want to talk to her. I am not a very good listener too. Just today I asked my mom for some help and she didn't help even though I really didn't know and still I don't know the answer. She also almost never gives me a break. She want's me to study even on the school holidays. Everyday I cry without my parents knowing in the bathroom. I want to runaway but I don't know any sites in Canada. I also don't know many family's houses. Even though I do the family that I trust is way too far away and I also don't know the address. It's all the way in Montreal I think. Please tell me some runaway sites for Canada. Also where I live can my mom call the police and can they force me to stay at home ? Please answer.

Hello –

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes great courage to reach out and look for help. We are sorry to hear about your situation, no one deserves to be treated that way, especially by someone who is supposed to be a support system for you. It is important to remember there are always people out there who are willing and able to help you in a time of need.

Even as a child, you have options and resources to help advocate for yourself. A great resource for you could be the National Child Abuse Hotline. You can reach them at 1-800-422-4453. You can call them anonymously to learn about the abuse reporting process, or directly report abuse to this line. They are a good resource for talking through your options if there is verbal abuse going on at home.

Another option is to use NRS as a moderator to help you talk with your parents. One of the services we offer as an organization is our conference call service. This conference call service is a moderated conversation between you, a member of NRS, and your parents. In this conversation you set the guidelines and goals in order to have a productive conversation that can improve your conditions at home.

Finally, if you are interested in exploring youth shelters and transitional living programs you can give us a call directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We talk through your options and what that would look like.

We hope the information provided helps. Remember we are available 24/7 and can be toll-free reached at the number listed above. We are confidential, anonymous, and non-direct. We can also be reached via live chat anytime.

Best Wishes

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X