Want to leave but can't

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to leave but can't

My dad left when I was young and my mom does drugs and doesn't care. I've been livng with my grandparents my whole life and recently we haven't been getting along. We have fights everyday and sometimes they become very physical. Same issue with my mother even with her threatning to kick me out while I visit her, My friends wouldn't get it and so I basically have no one I trust to talk to. My grandparents are paranoid I'll leave so I have no phone either, which means no form of communication. I want to leave my family but I'm scared they'll find me. My biggest issue is that my mom recently had a baby and I don't want to leave him behind because he'll have the same experiences as me and i don't want that for him. But, I've become so upset and fed up recently that I might have to, despie my wishes. Not sure what to do.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS and we appreciate you sharing your situation with us. It is understandable you would want to leave such a threatening and stressful environment. You do not deserve to be treated this way and it is not okay for your family to put their hands on you or threaten you. You deserve to feel safe and cared for.

Because you mentioned some signs of physical abuse, you do have the option to make a report to child protective services. Their goal is to keep you safe and they could intervene in a variety of ways. While you might not be removed from your family's custody immediately, a report could start a process with that outcome. You can speak with an advocate at Child Help childhelp.org to learn more about the process and what it might look like for you.

We truly want to be a support for you during this difficult time. Talking more in detail about your situation would let us better support you and help you discover all of your possible options in this challenging situation. We want you to know that you are not alone in this and we are available 24/7 to listen and help as much as possible. You can contact us directly for immediate support by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or through live chat at 1800runaway.org.

Stay strong and we look forward to hearing from you soon,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X