My mom hates me and I don’t know what to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom hates me and I don’t know what to do

As the title says, my mom has never been the understanding type. She grew up in a place where mental health wasn’t acknowledged and so she doesn’t understand it either. I’ve been depressed for a long time, I’d say it started early in middle school (around 12 years old here in the US). I got help for it eventually in collage and saw a therapist without telling her and felt better. And now I’m just confused. I love my mom, she’s still a source of comfort. I can still remember when I was really little, I would look up at her face and know I was safe. But things are so different now. The pressure she puts on me for every little thing is chipping away at me. She always expects me to know everything and do everything right. And if i do something she doesn’t like or say something she doesn’t agree with I still get the most brutal emotional beating. She used to be more physically harmful too but that’s mostly ended. I just wish she’d love me, I’ve tried so hard to get everything right and nothing is ever good enough. She’s the main reason I’m depressed and hate everything about myself. But I still love her, she’s been really angry and aggressive today and it really hurts to be around. So I’ve been crying for a few hours today and thought I’d post here after googling for help. For anyone out there reading and in the same situation, I hope you’re okay and please seek out help if you can. You are not worthless, and you deserve better.

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You can always reach out to NAMI. They provide support and can help answer any questions you may have. Thier number is 1800-950-NAMI or you can text NAMI to 741741.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe and stay strong,
    NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X