Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to get away from my family but im too scared to

Hi. I posted this somewhere else but i realized it was the wrong topic so im posting it here:

im almost 15 and I really dont want to be with my family anymore. we get into fights every day and they say the meanest things to me. my siblings are horrible, and both of them are always rude to me. my mom is also very mean. she says im disrespectful, but im just defending myself. She literally doesnt understand me.

I really want to runaway, but i dont want my family to get in any trouble. Plus, im too scared to. I wish there was just some sort of hotel or shelter or something, and i can just go to it for a few days. I feel like my mom still loves me though and she will be really sad if i ran away. But i dont care anymore. today i said something like "fine, ill runaway." and then she said "fine, go." Today we got into a fight, and whenever we get into a fight, my mom ignores me for the next few days. Theyre all so rude to me. Not just my mom, no one in the house talks to me. I stay in the closet because my mom doesnt want me to be in her room, and if I go to my siblings room, they make noises and i am sensitive to noise. When i tell them to stop making the noise, they make it even louder and it makes me wanna rip my hair out.

And its like the entire household teams up against me. my siblings start laughing at me and my mom doesnt even yell at them. my siblings start making fun of pictures of me too. And she calls me mentally ill when i start to pull my hair out of anger but its because I cant take it anymore. when my little brother hits me my mom says i deserve it. I hate my family so much. theyre literally the reason for 75% of my lifes problems. if i try to run away, i know ill get scared and come back home. Then, my mom will for sure yell at me for running away. I feel like I am stuck. I am done with talking it out with them. Every time i do, my mom says im the disrespectful one, and she says i need to go to anger managment. i cant take it please help.

Also, I cant move in with any friends or family.

Hello,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for help, and we want you to know that we’re here to listen. It sounds like the dynamics at home between you and your family have made things really stressful. We’re so sorry to hear that the situation at home has made you feel so overwhelmed. You brought up possibly running away to put some distance between you and your family and expressed some concern about whether that would get anyone into trouble. We’re not legal experts, but we’ll do our best to share what we know so that you can figure out your next steps.

Although we are not legal experts, from what we do know, running is technically not illegal, although it is considered a status offense in some states. If you are considered a minor in your state and you decide to leave home, one option for a place to stay is a local youth shelter. There are pros and cons to staying in a shelter, but we want you to know that we are here to support you. We encourage you to reach out to us by phone or chat so that we can share more details on how a shelter might work and whether there are resources near you that might be able to help. You can reach us 24/7 by chat at www.1800runaway.org or via phone at 1.800.786.2929 (RUNAWAY). We’re here to listen, here to help. Stay safe!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X