Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t want to live with my family anymore

Hi. I’m struggling a lot at home with my family. They only tear me down, and it doesn’t help that I struggle with depression in the first place. My mom likes to use my past trauma to get me to stop talking or arguing or to make me go to my room. I literally can’t handle anymore. The only alternate placement I have near me is Boys Town, but that wouldn’t be a good idea because I’m very antisocial and I can’t handle an in person school because of what happened in the past.
    I don’t know what to do.

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us here at NRS. We understand it takes a lot of courage to reach out and we appreciate you sharing about your situation. It sounds like your mom has been making you feel unheard and not cared for at home. It is not okay for your mom to bring up past trauma in this way or to dismiss your feelings. It's understandable to be feeling overwhelmed or like this has been taking a toll on your mental health. You deserve to be treated with respect and to feel supported. Your safety and well-being are very important and we want you to know that you are not alone this.

You mentioned that you have an alternative living arrangement that you could possibly move to but it has some down sides and possible challenges. Leaving home can be a difficult decision no matter the circumstances. We want to to talk more in-depth about your situation and your needs so that we can better help you explore your options. We can best help through live chat at 1800runaway.org or by phone at 1-800-786-2929. We are available for immediate support 24/7.

We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can help,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X