I'm turning 17 next month and i really can't live with my parents anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm turning 17 next month and i really can't live with my parents anymore

So I'm 17,I live in Cyprus with my parents and my younger brother,my parents don't love each other at all they just stay together because that's what they're used to and because my brother doesn't want them to break up but the do team up to make my life a living hell! According to them i should stay at home most days cleaning,helping and hanging out with them(which is impossible because they made me despise them) they also think that i should go outo only on weekends even in the summer and only until 22:30,they constantly call me a whore for wanting to live my life and wanting to have fun with my friends and hangout with my boyfriend.They literally think that giving me food,taking me to lessons and providing the bare minimum for me is something that they do because they're good people and they don't think it's their responsibility,they also say that they own me until i turn 18 and so I'm forced to do only what they want me to do.They think that i don't have a brain,that I'm a respectless whore and that I'll ruin my life if they don't get involved in everything even though i proved many times that I'm already a grown up in my head.And now they're forcing me to break up with my boyfriend(the single best thing in my life) by threatening me that they will beat him and his dad up and lock me in the house forever.
    I really don't know what to do but I'm convinced that if i get a job I'll be able to support myself just fine and at least I'll be happy and not miserable like right now,I FEEL REALLY UNSAFE PLEASE HELP!
    *They also think I'm paranoid and not normal and threaten me that they'll call social services and lock me up in a mental asylum(i have proof of everything i said in recording)

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.
    We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X