I'm planning to leave.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm planning to leave.

Hello there, I'm 16 years old and I've been planning to run away for quite awhile now.

Nearly everyone in my family drinks sometimes and they become quite crazy, rude, and loud, especially my parents, I've been abused emotionally by them too but they're kinda good people when they aren't drinking, my sister leaves to drink sometimes and I have to sleep with her children which is stressful because they go to bed late, and one of them wakes up panicking in the middle of night often.
    School is going to be really time-wasting and not many people in my community are friendly to me there.
    Also I'm a homosexual, my family (and the community I live in) are against people like that which is disappointing to me.

Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that your family is not treating you with the respect and kindness that you deserve as a human being. It makes sense for you to want to leave an environment that is not accepting of your identity and that treats you so poorly.

You are going through some intense stuff and we want to support you. Whether or not you feel like you need to run away is up to you and whether or not you feel safe where you are. We would be happy to help you in whatever way we can. We can provide referrals to mental health resources, shelters, legal advocacy, among other things. We can also just talk you through whatever your situation is and help you figure out what your options are. We aim to empower youths and we prioritize their safety and their well-being. If you are interested in anything that we have to offer, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X