13 and thinking of running away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 and thinking of running away

My family recently has been very much mentally abusive and had forced me to do work for them when I’m tired and in pain, I’m thinking of running away but I have no friends that can house me and I cannot run away without shelter (I’m very prone to sickness and I have issues with being in extreme weather, considering how in my area it’s been hailing/storming all month and just general extreme weather I don’t feel comfortable sleeping outside or in a bus/train shelter) I don’t think any homeless shelters would accept me and none of my friends are allowed to have people over because of covid and being in other amounts of trouble. I don’t know what to do and I need to get out of my house

Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that your living situation has gotten so difficult that you are considering leaving. It is not easy to live in an environment where you regularly feel hurt and fatigued and it makes sense that you want to get out of there. Emotional abuse is very real and can be very harmful. If you are being made to feel unsafe at home it might be worth it to consider filing an abuse report. If you want to know more about what that might look like, it may be a good idea to reach out to the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453. We do have a database of youth shelters that we would be happy to look through for you in order to find a safer place for you to stay. Due to the lockdowns, however, leaving might not be the most realistic option right now.

If you want to talk more about what is going on, what your options might be, and how you might be able to manage your home situation, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X