Abused

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abused

I’m running away because my moms always hitting me when I don’t even do anything wrong

Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that your mom is being violent with you and want you to know that we are here for you in whatever way we can be. It is inappropriate for her to be physical with you and to threaten your safety regardless of whether you did anything wrong or not. It may be worth it to consider filing an abuse report if you are comfortable with that. If you want to know more about what that might look like or what the outcomes could be, please reach out to the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453 or at childhelp.org. One thing to note is that many reports are based heavily on evidence. If you have any marks or bruises, it may be a good idea to document them. Additionally, if you feel like you are in physical danger at any point, you can call 911 and ask the police to come help.

If you want to talk more about your situation or about alternative options such as running away, we would be happy to assist you in finding shelter or figuring out a plan. Please don’t hesitate to call us on our 24/7 hotline 1-800-786-2929 or to chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care and stay safe,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X