No announcement yet.

Runaway From Mentally Abusive House To Friend

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Runaway From Mentally Abusive House To Friend

    I'm 14 and I can't stand they way my family treats me anymore. They have no idea how to treat me now that I have been diagnosed with ADHD. I have triggers and they make fun of them instead of trying to prevent them. Not to mention my sister pushes my buttons on purpose and my dad has anger issues. He is on medication but he has no idea I know about it. recently, it's been getting worse and i told my mom I want to see a therapist again. however, she couldn't care less and hasnt been helping me try to find someone. I feel like my whole family just gangs up on me all the time. I contacted you guys the other day and you said that I should talk to a counselor and this is whats come out of it. I think I am running out of options and my friend said I could come live with her. Should I go?

  • #2
    Thanks for reaching out to NRS,
    It seems like you are going through a lot at home right now, and have contacted us before. It’s hard that you don’t feel supported at home, and it’s understandable to want to reach out for help.
    If you were to leave now your parents could file a runaway report and have police bring you back home. If you have had contact with us before then we generally ask that you contact us through a means other than the forum like our hotline or online chat so we can try to provide more one on one help.
    Looking forward to hearing from you again soon,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp