I need a break

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a break

I need a break from my parents and my life. i hav thought about running away but where will i go? i dont think that i will stay away for that long i just need a break. i am that kid who never gets in trouble and gets good grades. my mom is so wound up and stressed and high maintenence. my dad always gets upset with me. i am also quite lonely. i am an only child and i hav no one to talk to. no one seems to care that much about me even though they say so. i guess i hav crossed sad and am now depressed. i think that if i could just meet some1 then we could go together. i dnt know waht i could do on my own. im just lost. and really sad. i cry every night. o and im 12.

Re: I need a break

Hi,

Thank you for writing and sharing with us a bit about what is going on with you right now. You mentioned that you have been feeling very lonely and that you need a break from your life and family. How long have you been feeling this way? Have you spoken with anyone about this? Does anyone in your family know how sad you have been?
    Have you thought about where you would go if you decided to leave? Do you have a safe place you could stay? What do you think your parents would do if you left? Do you think they would get the police involved or make a runaway report?

It’s understandable that you just want to take a break sometimes, and it can sometimes be helpful to remove yourself from a situation that you are feeling frustrated or bad about. Do you think that you would be happier if you left home? How do you think it would change the way that you feel?

One thing you mentioned is that you don’t feel like you have anyone to talk to. Do you think it would help if you have supports and people you could talk with about your situation? Have you ever thought about speaking with a counselor? Do you have a school counselor you could speak with? If you ever wanted to look into some individual or family counseling we did provide some numbers in your area that provide both of those services.

Adolescent Center
    425-562-1350

Youth Eastside Services
    425-747-4937

Also if you ever want to talk more in depth about your situation you can always give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are a completely confidential hotline and there is someone here to listen 24 hours a day. Whether you just need to vent, talk about your options, or even find resources we are here for you. We are not here to tell you what to do, but we want to make sure whatever you decide you are going to be safe. Best of luck with everything and give us a call anytime.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Thank you for replying so quickly. i think ill give both numbers a call today and see what i can do. thank you so much

Comment

Great! If you need anything else, don't hesitate to call us.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X