X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod6
    replied

Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We’re sorry that you are back in a home environment that sounds frustrating and emotionally exhausting. It makes sense for you to feel out of sorts with your parents imposing an unfair amount of control over you.

While we try to avoid giving advice, we would be happy to talk to you about what options you have and help you figure out how to deal with your current situation. Some of these options could include leaving home for now and staying with another family member or friend, or trying to negotiate with your parents to help them understand that their treatment of you is unfair. Something that we can provide is a mediated conversation. If you want, we can conduct a conference call between us, you, and your mom in order to help you advocate for the independence you deserve.

If you are interested in exploring either of those options or talking about what other options you might have, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic I feel like a stranger in my own home

I feel like a stranger in my own home

I’m a freshman in college and I have been loving the freedom I have to actually be my own person and have my own schedule. I enjoy being able to focus on school work and my health without having my parents around to tell me when to study and when to turn the tv off. However, I am back home in quarantine due to the current pandemic and I feel judged by my family for being myself. Therefore, I’ve suppressed part of being myself in order to fit in to how they want me to be. My mom was always so controlling my whole life over everything, from not allowing me to exercise since she wasn’t able to due to her arthritis, taking away my phone at night, not allowing me to go to sleepovers in my senior year. I feel depressed and just drained from not being able to be my happy self, I don’t know what I should do?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X