Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father is emotionally abusive

I'm fourteen years old, and I have been dealing with my dad's abuse since I was about ten. Recently, I was screamed at, and it really hit me and my sister. The problem was that I had a teacher email him cause I had three missing assignments, and I was at a friends house. As soon as I come home, he is getting into my face, screaming at me, and I can't call my apartment a home anymore. My sister who is nineteen was kicked out of the house, and she is trying to get me out of here as well but like I said, she's so young and there is a lot to do to get guardianship over me. I've considered running away, calling family, calling 9-1-1, killing myself, and such but I haven't been able to do it. I have no other family to call. I'm terrified and scared to be at home by myself with him, and it's difficult to be around him and have a normal conversation. I don't know what to do.

Hi,
    Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a tough situation and may be looking for some options to help cope with everything.
    We understand how difficult it must have been to speak about what you have been feeling.
    You are very brave for doing so. Good for you.
    NRS would like you to know we are here to support you at this difficult time.
    Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. You mentioned contacting family other than you sister. She sounds like she has been supportive but limited as to how she might help. If you’re feeling unsafe and need a safe place to go and talk to someone, you may wish to visit The National Safeplace website (www.nationalsafeplace.org). This organization provides access to immediate help and supportive resources for youth in need. You can look up your city and state to see if there are any safe places near you listed. So that is always an option if you feel like talking to someone in person about what has been going on or if you just need a safe place to stay.

You also may use your phone to text the word “safe” and your current location (city/state/zip) to 44357. If there are safe places and shelters nearby, a list of those will be sent to your phone and you may have the option to text back and forth with a trained counselor as well.

We are here to listen and here to help.
    Let us know how we might help, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) orwww.1800Runaway.org (live chat).
    If you are feeling depressed or suicidal contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X