Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am 14 and i want to get away from my step dad

I am a 14 year old female, 15 in December and my mom has been with this man for about 8 years and they are married and this man has threatened me and verbally abused me and he has hit me and choked me before because im "stupid" as he says because im not perfect and i make mistakes. Ive had suicidal thoughts because of him and the way that he makes me feel as if im a dog. Ive wanted to run away to maybe my grandma's house or a foster home i don't care as long as im away from him. please help me and review my options here. Also, my mom is aware of this but she always puts him first, and she knows he has anger issues, i dont know if she has told him about himself but nothing has changed, and i realized i need to act years ago but i dont know what exactly to do, and there may be someone i can talk too but he also broke my phone to pieces so i cant call anyone.

Hey there,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. It seems like you have been through a lot of verbal and physical abuse at the hands of your step-dad. It sucks that your mom is putting him ahead of your needs instead of supporting you through this. It’s understandable to want to get out of a situation like that. If you want to know more about your options regarding child abuse and possibly reporting it check out childhelp.org, they specialize in that.
    You could go to your grandma’s or other family member’s house if you had permission from you mom to do so. Otherwise she could file a runaway report and have police bring you back home. If you were to tell police the situation when they find you though they might choose to investigate what is happening in your home before they bring you back.
    Another option might be to find someone to talk to about what is happening, like a school counselor or a therapist to find healthy ways to cope with what is happening.
    Again you shouldn’t have to go through this kind of verbal and physical abuse at home like that. If you need someone to talk to or have more questions you can chat with us online at 1800runaway.org or if you can get access to a phone call our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X