No announcement yet.

Im 12 and turn 13 on April 27 and I want to live with my grandma.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Im 12 and turn 13 on April 27 and I want to live with my grandma.

    My mom, dad, and stepdad are in jail so my custody went to my great-grandma. She doesn't understand me at all. I have depression and anxiety. Everybody at school hates me. My great-grandpa has Alzheimer and hits me and my great-grandma and calls us mean names. My great grandma is so rude. She thinks I'm mean but I get it from her. She brings me to a therapist for some other reasons and because of me cutting myself. Well it’s not helping. It’s making things worse. I feel forced to talk and being in therapy makes me feel like I need mental help which I cope by myself. I used to cope with a sport Taekwondo but I did it for 3 years I took a year break and now she won't let me join back because of my great-grandpa. Well my next cope was a youtuber called Aphmau well she doesn't trust me and only lets me watch it on my TV well that’s fine but then YouTube for some reason isn't working on my TV and she won't let me use my laptop because she doesn't trust me. I'm starting to have panic attacks more. Living with my grandma will be better for me *She will let me cope myself instead of forcing me and I can do more kid stuff and not be stuck at home all the time* and I will have a new chance at a school. Well my great-grandma won't let me live there and every time I tell her I want to live there she says no and today she said I can't go to my grandmas for the weekend which means I'm stuck at home with her. I feel hopeless. Is there any way I can live at my grandmas without running away or having her permission?
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 04-14-2020, 12:58 AM.

  • #2
    Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

    It sounds like you looking to change your current situation and move in with your grandmother.
    We understand situations can become too difficult to cope with. You don't deserve to be abused. It's not your fault that this is happening. It took courage for you to reach out.
    Good for you.
    It sounds like you have been seeing a therapist for issues about self- harm. We understand that you feel this has not been very helpful however you have the option to report any abuse to the therapist in order for them to file an abuse report. Filing a report will bring about an investigation and could be a way for you to be placed with your grandmother. We understand that this might be a difficult choice for you to make.

    NRS would like you to know we are here to support you at this difficult time.

    Let us know how we might help, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) (live chat).
    NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    Having a space to vent and explore options. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

    Take care,
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 04-14-2020, 01:02 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected]rg (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp