Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im 13 and being emotionally abused? what should I do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im 13 and being emotionally abused? what should I do?

I'm 13 and live with my mom, dad and brother. My mother is completely evil to me and loves my younger brother more. She is always yelling at me. I was cleaning the whole house yesterday (as punishment for something I
    didn't even do, it was my brother, but it was MY FAULT. I wasn't even there!) and my mom got mad at me for "folding something wrong" and took a hairbrush and hit me on the back of the head. My mother is always telling me i'm worthless and
    that I'm dumb, and that if I just "behaved how I want you to and STOP BEING AN IDIOT" we would get along. It's like she dug a 12 foot deep hole, threw me in it, and

Re: Im 13 and being emotionally abused? what should I do?

Hello,
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you mother likes your brother more than you and she makes you clean the house all by yourself. This does not sound fair. It is understandable why her behaving like this would upset you. No one has the right to call you names or mad you feel like less than you are.
    It sounds you are having a really hard time at home. Is there someone in your life that you can talk to when things get bad? It might help to have someone to confide in. If you would like you can always talk to us. We are always here to listen. Always here to help. If you feel comfortable you can give us a call. 1-800 RUNAWAY
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I'm 13 and live with my grandparents. When they get mad at me they get in my face (causing spit to go on my face) and hit me. They leave marks on me when they hit me. I have a friend down the street and his parents are more then glad to take me in to live with them if it's legal. What do I do. Please help me

Comment

• ccsmod0
        ccsmod0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). First off we want to say that abuse whether its physical, sexual, emotional or verbal, it is never okay and you do not deserve it and do have the right to report it. We want you to know that you do have the right to make a report with Child Protective Services. Child Help USA is an information and referral line that can connect you with your local CPS abuse hotline. That number is 1-800-422-4453. If you ever felt like making a report or needed help, we are here to assist with that. We understand that making an abuse report can be intimidating so if you like we can call together to provide support. We say this because generally, the age of majority is 18 which means that until that age you have to live where your guardians tell you. So if you leave home without guardians consent they have the right to file you as a runaway and have the police look for you. If the police found you they would return you home, unless you report abuse or neglect. We want to let you know that you have our full support with whatever you decide to do. You are welcome to give us a call and we can talk about your options. 1-800-786-2929
        Best wishes,
        NRS

I don't know if im being abused if i was to go to a court i wouldn't be able to make a case becasue im not a good speaker I am 13 and i think my mom hates me My siblings have all told me they do an show it to but my mom i feel thats she shows it like when i didnt clean something up to her standerds even if i did a good job she would sit ansd watch me clean ot the ways hse likes in the order she wants me to and if i do any diffrent or something she does not want me to do she would get her paddle to hit me once she punched me to the ground because i raised my voice just a little casue i thought she didnt hear me but she didnt think twice she hit me also their are times where my siblings were watching tv and i woke up and as soon as she saw me she ask me to get her something or alot of things and if i frown or make qa face she doesnt like she will send me to my room and award my other siblings if they do it to make me feel bad. almost everyday i get in trouble with her cause my little sister she really hates me she even told my mom onece that she hate me so much that she wanted to kill me my mom did something about it but a while later we found a knife under her pillow so regardless she still has those feelings about me my little brother has put small and some large scrathes all over my body he likes to jump on my back and it is uncomfftorble to me so i would make him get off then he would hit me so i would grab his wrist to make him stop but he would bite me and scratch me to get loose but then he would hit me agian when i would let him go and i dont want to be hit my mom sqays things sometimes and do things that hurt my feelings and everytime i ask myslef what does she deo i cant say aqnything because the way she do it is hard to explain or understand but i i know when she is coming at me.i eneded up in my closet and up under my bed all the time or even in the batroom to get away but she does not like that i cant keep myslef from them she says but when oim around i made to feel like a mistake or a burden i just wanted to let it out i will not be calling the hotline i have no phone and im scared that if we went to court or something i wouldnt be able to explain my self because im not a good speaker and then where would i go if i got tooken away i wouldnt live with my dad he would be abusive and controlling my grandma would stress to much and the rest of my family are not balanced enoough tocare for themselves so yeah i will some back to see if anyone read this though

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi,
        Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline and telling us a bit of your story. We are saddened by what is happening to you at home, and we hope that you find some of the information below useful.
        It is important you know that you do not deserve to be abused in these ways at home, by your parent or siblings. This must be incredibly lonely and must make you feel very unsafe at home. We are sorry that you find yourself having to hide and that you struggle to speak about what is going on. You deserve a better home life.
        While you may have doubts about reporting your abuse or your ability to stand up for yourself, it is important you know that there are options out there for you. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
        We hope you found some of this useful. You said you would not call, but if you ever are able to instant message us at 1800runaway.org, we will be here to listen, here to help.
        Good luck out there.
        Sincerely,
        NRS

I am 13 and I have been thinking of running away becuase of my mother she tells me that I am a disapointment and calls me thing like stupid, ********** and other mean things I have 2 brothers and she treats them completly diffent I don't know what to do. one time we got in a fight and she told me that am like my father becuase I am a liar, theif, a disapointment and selfish just like my father and she know that I dont get along with my father and what she said hurt me. She told that I will never make it anywhere in life and sometimes I think that what she said is true i'm stuck I dont know what to do help me.

Comment

• ccsmod0
        ccsmod0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on with your mom and how she treats you. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
        While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
        The easiest way to leave home is with your parents' permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.
        We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
        Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). If you would like to look into further emotional support options, you can text with a crisis worker at the National Alliance on Mental Illness 24/7 by texting "NAMI" to 741741.
        If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
        Be safe,
        NRS

Hi Im 13 and I don't know if im being "physically abused" at home. Growing up hitting your children was a way to discipline them. I was just a child and I was hit all the time for everything. And I was always told from everyone that im a disrespectful bad child. But in reality I was just a little misunderstood girl who just wanted love and affection from her parents. Now once I got older I got my own room and started avoiding my own family. My mom emotionally abuses me and sometimes hits me for speaking my feelings and so does my dad. My parents will see the pain in my eyes and say nothing but say im a bad child and everything I do is never enough. I remember when I was 10 I started physically changing and I was always told I was acting "grown" because I had an "ass". One day I was at a YMCA camp and these two boys came up to me and grabbed my boobs. I told my dad- and I expected him to comfort me and to be angry at the boys for touching me (mind u I was only 10) he yelled at me for wearing a tank top! a freaking tank top! it was summer what was I supposed to wear!?!? a sweater? anyway thats when my hate for my dad started to grow. Hes also very disrespectful to my mom and she usually lets him walk over her and then she decides to take all her anger out on me and my sister. Which causes me to stay away from her. I do nothing wrong Im an all A/B student and I do decent in school. I ONCE EVEN GOT INTO THE HONOR ROLL TO MAKE MY PARENTS PROUD! they barely even cared (mind u my mom was always on my ass about not being in the honor roll so I got in for her) I was also recently diagnosed with depression. My parents did not wanna believe it they thought the doctor was crazy for thinking I could be depressed.i recently stopped eating because my parents make me feel insecure about my body by telling me I need to go to the gym and ill get diabetes and obese. Im a 5 foot 7 girl and I weigh 160 which is skinner than most of my friends. But they still make me feel ********ty abt it! Last night my mom woke me up by yelling at me for missing my first class- and let me say I have never missed any of my classes before- nd I got a txt from my dad and he went on nd on abt me losing weight. that day ruined me my mom grabbed a broom and hit my arm so hard bc me nd my little sister didn't want to spend any time with her. I couldn't sleep all night from the pain- I went straight to my room and I tried to overdose and cut myself- sadly im still alive. But I can't live here anymore my parents are taking my laptop everynight and shutting off my internet and wifi. I feel like a prisoner in my own house. They want me to go out but only w them but I try avoid spending time w them bc words hurt and they rlly don't know their losing their own daughter bc of the way the act. Im in tears rn bc of how they treat me. they barely show any affection and they "apologize" by buying me stuff. Me and my bestfriend are currently trying to run away from home- we don't know how or where we're going but hopefully I can leave this prison w/o them knowing.

Comment

I'm 13 i hate going to school not because i hate studying but i hate the people there. I get bullied and I'm very introverted so i don't like to be around other people. My mom doesn't understands this and she always taunts me i hate her i want to run away and leave my house.

Comment

• ccsmod5
          ccsmod5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us, we hope to be as helpful as we can. It sounds like things have been tough at school. Most schools are returning to in person learning, this can be a stressful time for youth for a ton of different reasons. If you want to talk about how you’re feeling about going back, we’re here to listen and support you. Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
          Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Take care,
          NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X