No announcement yet.

I can't do this anymore

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I can't do this anymore

    I'm 12 living in Wyoming and when I was three years old my mom and dad divorced and he gave up custody. I'm not abused at my home I just don't want to live at my moms anymore my dad lived in Denver can I run away to go live with him? If I did will he get arrested? What would happen If I got caught? I'm criticized a ton and act a lot like my dad and I'm hoping he would help me with my life and understand.

  • #2
    Hey there,
    Thanks for reaching out to NRS, it seems like you are feeling frustrated at your moms house and are hoping that your dads would be more comfortable. Since he doesn’t have custody anymore then it would be essentially the same as running away to any other person. As such as far as we know your mom could still file a runaway report and the police could still make you go back to her house. There is a chance that he could get charged with harboring a runaway even though he is your parent. It’s possible that your dad could ask to get partial or full custody of you again and then you could live with him if that was ok with both of you.
    Hopefully this information helps, we want to you feel supported and safe. If you have more questions you can always reach out to our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY or us our online chat function on our website.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp