Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom abuses me & i dont know what to do anymore!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom abuses me & i dont know what to do anymore!!

Okay so currently I'm living with my mother. I honestly hate it. I've came to the conclusion she hates me. She literally blames me for everything that doesn't go right in her life. If something goes missing in her house, "it's your fault." To her everything is my fault. I'm a horrible person to her. She thinks I'm a slut, a drug addict, a stupid person. I'm always trying to be good in her eyes, I'm always trying to impress her and be the child she wants me to be, but it seems impossible. About a year ago she divorced my father, and she blames me for it. Since I can remember she's been abusing me. Before it was physical abuse. She used to punch me, whoop me with wires, slap me, hit me with belt buckles, wet towels, really anything that she would find. Now it's mostly verbal and emotional abuse, but somehow this type of abuse hurts me even more. She also did the same thing to my little sister, but not as often as she would do to me. Now, it's only me that seems to get on her nerves. She doesn't really mess with my little or big sister. I don't know what I did to deserve this. I do the most to have a good relationship with her, but it just never happens. Everynight I cry myself to sleep, hoping for something to change. Right now I'm severely depressed. My self esteem is so low, which her cruel and hurtful words caused. I feel unworthy of living. Suicide comes into mind sometimes, but I try to remove the thoughts quickly. I've became antisocial and stay in my room as soon as I get home from school, that is if I even go to school. I don't even like going to school, I prefer staying in my room the whole day. There's times when I don't even eat the whole day. I wake up at like 2 in the morning to take a quick shower and drink some water, then go directly back into my room. If I do eat during the week, it's because I go walking to the near gas station and get what I can. I only see my dad on the weekends, he usually gives me money to eat and stuff. He knows about the situation I'm in, and I know he tries to help, but my mom always finds a way to manipulate him. I repeatedly ask her to let me live with my dad, buts it's always a "No!" Recently I talked with my counselor, she said that she informed CPS, but where are they?! Even though, I didn't want anything to happen to my mother, I honestly felt a relief of leaving the condition in which I am, but I guess it was a false hope. Now I just don't see another option but to end my life or run away.

My mom abuses me & i don't know what to do anymore!!

Hey there,

It sounds like you are thinking about harming yourself or ending your life. We're sorry to hear that you feel that your mom isn't supportive of you and are experiencing abuse. Having your counselor help is a great support. And also it helps that CPS has been informed about what's going on. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.

18 years old is generally the age that an individual may leave home without permission from their parent or legal guardian. We are not legal experts here but we can speak in general terms. If you are under 18 and leave home without permission, your parent/guardian may file a runaway report with the police. What actions the police take once you are filed as a runaway can vary a lot from state to state and even city to city so we cannot predict exactly what would happen in your case. Generally speaking, if you encounter a police officer while reported as a runaway, you will likely be returned home. However, in that case there may be services (family counseling, etc.) available to you as a youth in crisis/runaway but again, police procedures related to offering those services can be different based on your location or the details of your situation. Another thing to consider is that while running away is not a crime, a legal adult who allows you to stay with them may be putting themselves at risk for being charged with harboring a runaway. One way to find out the laws in your area is to call your local police and ask what their policies are regarding runaway youth.

Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

My mom beats me up the most out of all my siblings she whacks my head on the wall for littke reasons because she is angry at my grandad because he puts ber under stress and she takes her anger out on me yesterday night I was talking to my cousin on snapchat and my sister took my phone to talk to her then she saw what I naned my bestfriend snd she startjng reading my messages so I kind of shouted and said no get off not fully shouting though and my abusive mum put her phone down whacked me with her fowel pinced me all over ragged my hair out and when she sat down she said she hopes I die or commit suicide and then she grabbed the door key eith al keyrings onit and she thres it at my face and now my nose is hurting so much and it has a bruise and she doesnt care at all but im not suprised she hits me the most allll the time and I cant live woth her anymore but in scared to telk someone even my own best friend doesnt care im not telling anyone its not going to make a difference im just thinking about suicide im crying myself to sleep everyday I might aswell kill myself she always tells me to now when I do she will just act like she cares even thoufh she doesnt she is a very good acter to be honest she always leaves me out and bes with ny sisters and rothers she never asks me what I wa t to eat she always ask my siblings I have to go to her myself.

Comment

• ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help 1(-800-422-4453) www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

You mentioned that you have thought about committing suicide. Talking to someone about your feelings could help. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) is a great resource for support. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat. if you are unable to call in.

We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum.** Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: **https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

please help me my mother keeps abusing and threatening me and i am going to soon run away and end my life

Comment

• ccsmod10
        ccsmod10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about your situation.

From your post, you explained that home is not a safe place for you to be. You’re able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with someone you trust, as far as transferring custody. NRS is able to conference call with you if you need help making the abuse report, or we can make one for you. After an abuse report is made, CPS will investigate it.

If you feel like getting out of the house is the best option and you decide to run away, we can explain what usually happens. We’re not legal experts, but from our general knowledge, running away is not illegal. If you runaway, your parents/guardians can make a runaway report. The police don't always actively look for you, if they come across you, then they usually bring you home. If you explain to them that home isn't a safe place to be, they don't always return you right away. They're supposed to investigate it first. We offer to call out to youth’s local police, with youth, to find out their protocols and what happens if runaways refuse to go home. We can also help find runaway/youth shelters in your area, so you can stay safe.

We want you to know that you’re not alone in this, and your future is important. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. It’s understandable to feel hopeless and overwhelmed when home isn’t a healthy environment to be in. That being said, your safety is very important to us, and you mentioned that you have thought about suicide. If the thoughts of wanting to end your life are getting too overwhelming, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time (they also have a chat service).

We also have legal aid resources in our database. While we’re not law experts, we can try to find one in your area, there may be legal ways for you to move out. We’re here to try to brainstorm options with you.
        We hope our response is helpful. Also, talking to school counselors and teachers about what’s going on at home could provide you with great support. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. You are always welcome to call into our 24/7 crisis center, or use our chatting services via our website.

Be safe, NRS

my mom physically and emotionally abuses me. i'm a straight a student, but my mom always tries to push me hard, i don't know what to do, it's hard meeting all her expectations. once I got an 85 on a test, and she threatened to kill herself and me, and she said aim a failure, and that i have no purpose. she beats me, and strachtes me, but i still love her, she can be nice when she's not so angry. i don't want to tell anyone, nobody knows about it except my dad but he doesn't do nayhting. I feel horrible all the time, and want to kill myself. i think i have depression. my mom is always screaming and yelling, and i try so hard to be perfect, but she will hit me os hard, and if i cry she will hit me more, she screams about every tiny thing. sometimes on the way to school she starts screaming, and then starts speeding, really fast, and say s she will kill herself and me. I don't know what do do anymore. i want to die so bad, i even thought of a suicide note.

Comment

• ccsmod3
        ccsmod3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there, thanks for contacting National Runaway Safeline. We are so sorry to hear you are experiencing something like this with your mother. This must be very hard for you and hard on you. You deserve to be safe and treated well. Just so that you know, some of the things you are mentioning here can be considered abuse. You do have the right to report this to the Department of Children Services. There is the possibility that your home will be visited and this all will be investigated. There is also the possibility that if it is found that you are at risk of being harmed, you will be taken out of the home. We know this may seem a bit scary but, your wellness and your safety is what is important here. If you would like more information about reporting the abuse or just want to know more information about what that would look like, Child Help may be a beneficial organization to reach out to. Their website is childhelp.org and their hotline is 1800-422-4453. It may also be beneficial to consider sharing what is going on with someone you feel comfortable with, such as a family member or school counselor. It may be beneficial to be able to talk this out with someone or even ask for some ways they can probably help. We would love to support you and talk further with you. Please, feel free to contact us at any time on our hotline 1800-RUNAWAY or chat with us live by visiting our website 1800runway.org. We are 24/7 and you can reach out at any time.

Same my dad dies and my mother abuse me more she chokes me beats me with anything and is always screaming and yelling at me It makes me wanna end life and I rather be anywhere but home with her I'm very quiet and independent now and have no fteifri or anything she threatens to send me to boarding school since she is always mad at me for no reason
      Last edited by ccsmod4; 04-05-2019, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Reply;Same my dad dies

Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We are sorry for your loss. Losing someone close can be a traumatic experience.
        It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS.

Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
        If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
        NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Hey.. I need help my mom compares me to my brother and she beats me up and I feel like just ending my life.. I just want this to stop I have no friends.. and I get bullied.. but I'm just to scared to die cause I'm only ten!

Comment

• ccsmod15
            ccsmod15 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are here to help.

You mentioned feeling like you want to end your life- your safety and happiness are our top priorities. If you are in immediate danger please do no hesitate to call the police. Also, please consider calling the National Suicide Prevention Line at 1-800-273-8255.

You also mentioned that your mother is abusive. Abuse of any kind is never okay and you do not deserve this kind of treatment. You have the right to report this abuse. You can do this by calling 911, telling a trusted teacher or counselor at your school, or by calling us here at 1-800-786-2929. We are a 24/7, confidential, non-judgemental hotline- we are always here and happy to help.

It sounds like you are goin through a very tough time. We are very sorry to here that. Have you told anyone at school what you are going through? Your school counselor may be able to provide you with some resources for both what is going on at home and at school. You deserve help and support. Do you have any other family members or friends parents you could talk to? They may be able to help you work through your emotions and find you help. Again, call us and we are always happy to provide you with further resources or just to talk.

Thanks for reaching out and best of luck,
            The National Runaway Safeline

My mom has been verbally abusing me for the past year and I cant take it anymore. Everyday its "Your weighting me down", "Your a worthless piece of ********", I hate it. I wish that things can restart and i could have a new life. She works for a phone company and reads everything. I'm in incognito on chrome so she wont read this. If anyone else is experiencing this as well. Your not alone were strong to make it this far my friends.

Mon, June 3/ 2019/ 11:38 PM EST

Comment

Reply: My mom has been verbally abusing me

Hello,
            Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. Sounds like you are going through a really tough time.
            You don’t deserve to be called names or be told you’re a burden to someone.
            It’s not your fault that she says these things to you.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
            If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.
            We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
            NRS

Comment

My mom says I am a burden to her . She hits me , mentally abuses me calling me "mentally stupid", "a ********ing **********" , "looser", "physco ". I don't want to live anymore ....she tears my hair,punches my face, bangs my head on the wall... I'm just 14...I am always so close to cutting myself but then I think there must be someone out there to help....
              I keep loosing hope day by day...

Comment

• ccsmod7
                ccsmod7 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

We’re so sorry to hear that your mom treats you that way. You should feel safe in your home, and no one should be physically hurt or mentally abused in their home. You should feel safe and protected in your home, and it is clear that you do not feel safe. It is brave of you to contact us for help.You have a right to report this abuse directly to Child Protective Services to learn more, you might reach out to Child Help: 1-800-422-4453.

If you feel more comfortable reaching out to someone you trust, whether a counselor at school, someone at church or friend’s parent, there is help available. If you are being injured at home, people can investigate your home life and recommend a safe place for you. If your mom is in a rage and you need help, it is also possible to call the police. The police are trained to calm people down and could also stop you from being hurt. The behavior you describe makes it sound like your mother might need some help to deal with her anger and losing control, so another adult could also help her.

We also have a 24 hour phone line, if you have questions or would like to talk with a real person. Sometimes it is helpful for us to learn more about your situation and for you to have someone to talk to. It can take a bit of courage, and some privacy, to give us a call, but our callers often tell us that they feel better after talking to us. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929), so feel free to call us anytime.

Is spanking your child considered abuse?

​​​​​

Comment

• ccsmod7
                ccsmod7 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi there, thanks for reaching out today with this question.

Spanking can be seen as a form of discipline and may not be seen as abuse. However, it is possible that it could be scene as abuse if there is too much force used. To learn more about how child protective services would respond to your situation, you might reach out to the expert child advocates at Child Help 1-800-422-4453. If you are interested in reporting and would like an advocate on the phone with you please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

We truly wish you the best,

NRS
            Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X