No announcement yet.

Dad Has My Papers

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dad Has My Papers

    Ok so look I just turned 15 and I just recently moved in with my dad due to the fact that here where Im staying I get to take the classes that put me in the grade that Im supposed to in the holidays I wanted to leave earlier towards my country because I have my sister (bestfriends)sweet 16 and I wanted to surprise her also my grandfathers death anniversary is also in December the relationship between me and my dad has downgraded because Ive gotten into a very bad depression were most days I just wannna die the thing is I always end up putting everybodys feelings first. I mean like if I die so many people well better said a couple of people do not deserve pain because of my decisions so I always end up crying in the bathroom or upgrading my melatonin dose so I can sleep faster and forget every thing and everybody. its hard to deal with life in general do to the fact that I was verbally abused by my ex boyfriend we lasted 3 years and he was so manipulative but in the end I was always back in his arms because I was always so scared that nobody else would love me like he would. also I have depression, because of well life changes in general but mostly because I always feel like I bother and I just don't wanna pester, I have stress 24/7 because Im constantly stuck home taking care of my stepmoms kids, I have anxiety because I always feel agitated our that ima end up doing something wrong, lastly I have IED its an explosive disorder that hasn't been checked by a psicoligist because ma dad or my stepmom don't have the time to take me and if I asked I feel like im bothering or like my dad id gunna say something stupid like I do it to myself figure it out yourself. I say I have IED due to the fact that my anger issues are everyday and I have so many symptons that ive read online.i do not fisicaly hurt myself but sometimes I do hit the wall so hard that my hand looks like it has just been run over by a car. and no I cant do outdoor activities because I have to wait till my dad gets home by that time the suns down and I cant call anyfriends over because my dad took my phone because for him its a distraction while for me its an escape my music and my photos is the only thing I ever had that calmed me down. I don't know what to do, but I have already started plans of moving in with a close friend that ive made since I moved here hes 17 has good grade in general hes a good kid he tries to talk me out of it but I have very convincing words I would move in with him for a while we have separate beds because when I tell you hes a close friend he doesn't think or look at me like a sexual object like some of his friends he looks at me like the little sister he doesn't have and want to help so after moving in with him I would contact my mom and do everything in my power to try to go to my country and stay and finish my education over their. theres only one problem my dad has all my legal papers hidden from me so if I leave and my plans do work out I know hes gunna call the police on me. and my mom ... what should I do

  • #2
    Re: Dad Has My Papers

    Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are going through a really tough time. We are so sorry to hear about the sad feelings you are having and the abuse you suffered with your ex-boyfriend- No one deserves to be treated that way and we are glad to hear you have removed yourself from that harmful situation.
    If you do ever have access to a phone, feel free to call us anytime and we can try to help connect you with a counselor in your area. If you are having suicidal thoughts, you can always call the suicide hotline at 1-800-273-TALK. If you can’t talk on the phone but you can chat, you can always text the National Safe Place organization. You would text your current address, city and state to 69866 for immediate help. They can connect you to a mental health professional you can text with. It’s quick, easy, safe and confidential.
    If you are interested in trying to work things out with your dad, our hotline has a conference call service where you can talk to him on the phone while one of our Crisis Hotline Workers is also on the phone in case things get out of hand or if you need help. We would talk to you alone first, then your dad alone to establish some ground rules before merging the calls. (No screaming, swearing, etc.)
    It sounds like you have made a plan to stay with your friend. It’s good to see you have taken steps to try and figure out your options. If you went to stay with your friend without your dad’s permission, however, your dad could call the police and your friend might be charged with Harboring a Runaway. If you wanted to find a different place to stay at, you could text that same Safe Place number I gave you or you can call our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Unfortunately, our database only covers the United States so we aren’t sure what the rules in your country are regarding your legal papers. If you were interested, you could consider calling your local police station to ask if you are eligible to get copies of your legal papers yourself.
    Again, we’re really glad that you reached out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help and you are trying to figure out your options which is really good to see. If you would like to talk further about your situation, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us. We’re here to listen, here to help.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove