I want to runaway.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to runaway.

Well, for the past 3 years, my dad changed. He used to be cool, fun and such, but now, not anymore, his idea of fun now is teasing me and thinking it's funny. I do a fake smile, but it hurts in the inside. I mean, nowadays, I never have freedom. I was using my phone watching 8:00, and he was like, "Ai Ai Ai, usin your phone, instead of studying. All he cares is study. I'm afraid to play with anything anymore, because he gets mad and tell me I should be studyin. I got caught closing the pc when he came, and he yelled how I could just play the computer for an hour, and it won't matter, but that's an ABSOLUTE lie. I never have the freedom anymore. He's not proud of my talent of creating buildings and stuff, and when I asked to get my drawing board, he got mad at me and said "GO STUDY". I can't live with it anymore. I'm done. I had a stiff beck 2 days ago, and on the second day, my right arm was sticking up because of my neck which I couldn't control, but my dad literally slams his hand on my shoulder trying to make it straight, and pushes my head to the right to make my head straight. I told him, but he just didn't believe, and kept doing that. It hurt a lot, since he was pushing my neck while I had a stiff neck. On the first day I had a stiff neck, I was on the bed, couldn't move. My mom told my dad, and my dad said "Don't worry about it. Let him suffer." I cried, and hurt a lot because I could barely move my head. I went downstairs, with my neck off to the side to keep the pain, and every time he was trying to do this unprofessional stupid massage that hurt, I would get my shoulder off to my head, but he would slam it down. He even told me "Are you a man or not." He always gets mad and lectures when I do something he doesn't like, thAt he thinks is gay, and would be mad and tell me not to do that. Anyways, on the second day, he would mock me in the right shoulder up position and made me look like I was a gorilla from his perspective. It made me sad. I did a fake smile, but I couldn't do it anymore. There is he. A dad who says he'll whip me until my ass bleeds, and use a belt and stuff. pleas help, I can't sit down and talk with him because he's not that type of dad. My moms good, I don't want her in any trouble. Please, what should I do?!?

Re: I want to runaway.

Thank you for reaching out to NRS. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard situation, no one deserves to be touched or hit in a way that is painful or that you don’t like. We are here to support you and help you in any way we can.

It sounds like you’ve been facing a lot of really hard things as your dad has been changing the last few years. That must be so hard to feel that your dad gets mad at you and teases you. You’ve been showing strength by enduring these challenges and by reaching out for help. It seems like your dad is making you feel lesser for not being manly. That sounds so hurtful and invalidating. We want you to know that you are not any less of a man for being in pain or anything else you do. You are perfect the way you are and you sound like a really intelligent guy. That is really impressive that you can design buildings.

There are many resources out there that could help you talk with your dad, talk through your emotions, or help you with anything else you’ve been struggling with. If you haven’t already, you may considering talking with your mom or a school counselor about what’s been going on. If you want more details about any of these resources, or if you’d like to talk more about what’s been going on, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

Again, thank you for reaching out. You’ve been going through a hard time, but you’ve shown strength by reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, feel free to call us or chat with us online. We’re always here to listen and here to help.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X