Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend With Bad Home Life

My friend lives in Florida and I live in Maryland, I want to find a way to get her here. Her mom is verbally abusive and Bipolar. Im on call with her as im writing this and her mom just blew up at her, saying my friend needed therapy, that she was insane, and all these other things. It’s really upsetting, sends my friend into complete panic attacks. She has other family in florida but most are either in contact with her mom or are just as crazy. Thats why I want to get her here. I know my mom wont care if she stays here but im still going to ask her. I want to get her out of this situation, she doesn’t deserve this and it hurts to watch it happen multiple times a day, she’s always getting yelled at for something. Im proud of her though she fights back every time instead of just enduring what her mom is doing. I’ve witnessed them argue and her mom throws me and other people in whenever she gets the chance, she also said that my friends mental health could wait and that school was more important than it.

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that your friend is faced with right now living with her mom and you’re wanting to help her get away from her mom and to your house. It’s great that your friend has support and concern from you especially since this time is quite difficult for them.

Depending on her situation and her age, she might have some options she can explore with ways she could leave home.
    Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you and your friend through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We’re here to listen and to help and hope you or your friend can reach out soon.

Take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X