Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am 15 and have ran away from home to live with my friend and her family

I'm currently 15 and have ran away from home and have been living with my friend and her family for the past week. I was previously living with my mum and 3 siblings, the house was always a mess and filthy she never had enough money so there was no food or anything else to help she often used her money for drugs ciggretes and gambling money. My boyfriend offered to help and did when he can but she later accused him of being a pedophile and threatened to call the police if he came over even after hed spend so much money time and effort on her and my family he even considered moving in to help even more. She yelled at me all the time and because she didn't let my boyfriend over it made me sad, i wasn't in school and I wanted to change the one I was in I begged her to let me change and she finally did but she didn't help with meetings or anything I was so depressed all the time I never came out of my room and I cried all day everyday I didn't eat or shower I only stayed in my room with my phone she blammed everything wrong that happened on me she still let me hang out with friends so every time I could I got out the house I hated it I was becoming so suicidal and depressed. One day I finally had enough I packed my bags and ran away and now I'm currently living with my friend and her family at 15, would i be forced to go back to my mother ? Since I'm only 15 ? Would I be able to get any youth benfit to help my friends mother ? So I could pay for my school finances or to get a caravan on the property so I don't take over my friends room I'm currently sharing ?

Hey there,
    It seems like you have been through so much, its great that you have someone who has been supportive and helped you through this tough time. Parents should never treat you like that and shouldn’t be causing you these problems. It seems like your boyfriend and the friend you are staying with care a lot about you.
    If your parents file a runaway report, as they are supposed to by law, then police would be able to make you go back home. It seems like abuse is going on at home though, and if you were to tell them about it then they are supposed to look into it before they bring you back home.
    If the state determined that home was not a safe place for you then its possible your friend’s mom could try to become a foster for you which would come with a bit of money from the state to help pay for your food etc.
    It’s great that you are self-advocating and doing what you need to do to keep safe. If you have more questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY so we can provide more one on one help.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X