No announcement yet.

I need help please respond...

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I need help please respond...

    Hello, my name is Jason Im 13 and from Alabama, i'm having issues at home with parents and family and i always end up crying (very emotional) and they have taken everything away from me, my door, phone, tv, xbox, and my friends Im a teenager and im not even allowed to cross the street not to mention ive been grounded for a year going on 2 years because i stayed up after 11:00 playing Xbox. Im pretty sure there emotionaly abusing me they call me fat, lazy, "why arent you like your brother" ect. So ive decided to run away but im scared because i dont have anyone to run away with and i will be lonely i dont have any money i have a pocket knife, water, flash light, blanket, candles, lighter, but nothing to keep me occupied or a friend. And i think my parents will eventually find me and put me back into that torture chamber they call a house. And i have to go behind there backs to talk to my girlfriend on facebook (which im not allowed to have)I dont no what im going to do please help im very desperate and depressed....Help?

  • #2
    RE: I need help please respond...

    Hello Jason,

    Thanks for reaching out to us for help. We are really sorry to hear about the situation you are facing at home. Nobody deserves to be treated badly or compared to other people. It’s not okay for your parents to call you names, and it is understandable that you are feeling depressed and emotional. Many people find it helpful to talk to a counselor or therapist when they are feeling depressed, so reaching out to a counselor at school might help. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. Sounds like you plan to run away, but you have nowhere to go. 18 years old is generally the age that an individual may leave home without permission from their parent or legal guardian. We are not legal experts here but we can speak in general terms. If you are under 18 and leave home without permission, your parent/guardian may file a runaway report with the police. What actions the police take once you are filed as a runaway can vary a lot from state to state and even city to city so we cannot predict exactly what would happen in your case. Generally speaking, if you encounter a police officer while reported as a runaway, you will likely be returned home. Another thing to consider is that while running away is not a crime, a legal adult who allows you to stay with them may be putting themselves at risk for being charged with harboring a runaway. You may want to consider how you would survive, and what you would do for basic needs like food and shelter. We can help talk you through all your options and make a plan to deal with your situation and stay safe. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon and wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp