I need out of here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need out of here

I'm 17 and my mother has been emotionally abuse twords me since I was 10 after we had moved away for my father who was also abusive. It has gotten to the point before where I used to self harm to give myself an outlet for what she does to me. She twists every issue of mine to make it about herself and never wants to listen to me only get upset and complain that I have problems too. Amount many other things that I try to block out
    I have no job, way to get money, license/permit and no family left who could take me in I can't be here anymore and wait day by day till I can leave. The only people who would take me in our now 16 hours awaym
    Don't get be wrong I love my mom and I'm grateful she does take care of me but the way she treats me is getting out of hand. What can I do to get out of here that isn't just running away?
    ​​​​​
    ​​​​​

Hey thanks for reaching out,
    It seems like you are in a really tough situation and it’s understandable to feel trapped and oppressed in a situation like that. Your mom shouldn’t be twisting things to make it about her like that, especially since you’ve been through an abusive father as well and have self-harmed. Everyone should be treated with patience and understanding when they are going through difficult times.
    For dealing with waiting until you are 18 and are in full control of your own life finding a hobby that can keep you out of the house as much as possible. Usually we would recommend an after-school program, or part time job. With COVID-19 around though it might be more reasonable to see if there are volunteering opportunities that can be an excuse to leave the house. That could also help you find people who may be new friends or you can talk to about your situation.
    Another option may be seeing if you can get a counselor. It might be easier to frame it as trouble leftover from your father to make it more likely your mom would help or at least be ok with it. Family counseling would be even better potentially but only if your mom is willing to make changes to herself.
    If you ever feel like you are in physical danger don’t hesitate to call the police. If you want to look more into child abuse resources you can go to childhelp.org for more info that we may not have knowledge of. You don’t deserve to be treated this way even if you are grateful for your mom, she doesn’t have a right to exploit that love and turn around and abuse you. If you have more questions please don't hesitate to chat, call 1-800-RUNAWAY or email us.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X