I want to run away from my family

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away from my family

I'm 14 years old. I've wanted to do this since I was 8 all you need to know is that my mother is abusive and had a short temper, my siblings bully me treat me and call me a slave, my big brother inherited my mother's short tempered ness, and my father is ignorant to my situation. All my childhood life consist of getting bullied both in school and house, degraded and criticised and being ignored.

This idea pop up when yesterday my mother kicked me out of the house.

If you guys have any tips, maybe even instructions on how to escape this family please do tell.

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You showed some by reaching out to NRS. Good for you. What you have been experiencing sounds very sad and very, very unfair. You do not deserve to be abused in any way by your parents and siblings. It’s not your fault that they behave this way. It sounds emotionally frustrating and upsetting. Your feelings are important and they matter. There are laws against child abuse and you have the right to want to feel safe. If you would like to file a child abuse report contact Child Help 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org this is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. NRS is here to listen and here to help.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X