I want out.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want out.

I can't take this anymore. I'm 15 and my life is hell.

I grew up with my parents and my grandmother and sister. I was never the popular one in my family as my sister always gets the attention. Lately it seems as if everybody's always mad at each other. The yelling continues all night and I hear them say things that are completely out of line and inappropriate.

The fighting has escalated to the point that I've been sent to live with relatives; but I have the feeling that I'm only a burden to them as they treat me as if I'm either invisable or their personal servant girl and practically tell me that it would be better if I would just leave.

Adding to the fact that they are completely willing to express their views on the topic which turn into duragatory comments about my dad. And they seem to think it as perfectly acceptable to drag my dad through the mud about this whole situation right in front of me.

Unfortunately returning home is not an option for me at the moment as family members are trying to get us kicked out of the house were I've lived my entire life. And I have no other family that is willing to take in an 'emotionally disturbed' teenager; as I had one meltdown were I put a hole in the wall with a baseball bat.

I don't know what to do anymore and I want to get away from it all and start over on my own; as my "family" doesn't want me around anymore.

Re: I want out.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us at this time. We truly appreciate you sharing your feelings with us. It sounds like you have been through a lot. You certainly deserve better. It is not fair to you that you have had your family engage in such mean spirited conversation in front of you where you father is concerned. Even if your father made his fair share of mistakes, no one can judge if they are not willing to take the high road and role model for you. We sense your meltdown came from dealing with so much all at once. We imagine that will overwhelming for anyone. We hope you can try to not be so hard on yourself and not give into labels because you sound like someone who just wants things to go right for a change.

We wish to be there for you if you need to reach out to talk about your feelings as well. You are not alone and we care a great deal for your situation. Moving from home to home to make the best of space or lack thereof in your own home sounds very stressful. You do not owe anyone anything besides trying your best to do what is right for you. It is interesting that you are made to feel that you have to do chores and every other delegated responsibility pushed on you. We want to hear from you. We hope that you can call us at 1800RUNAWAY 24 hours a day for support. We can provide a listening ear to you when you call and offer options for how you can cope. Do you have another way to figure out your situation? Do you an adult you can turn to for support outside of your family? What are your plans for here you are looking to go? We hope that you can stay safe and continue to maintain. We imagine it is not easy. Do you have other ways to cope? What do you do in the mean time to overcome? We wish you good health and please let us know how we can help.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X