Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get the courage to run away.

does anyone get that feeling of after dealing with your sibling lying nonstop and parents believing your sibling makes you want to run away? it certainly gets me. he makes himself the victim all the time and I always seem like the problem. I love my mum and dad but I just can't deal with my brother anymore, I'm down to my last string. I just can't take it anymore!

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on with your brother. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I am just tired of my family my dad just thinks I am the victim and doesn’t even care what my siblings are doing to me he only care what I am doing to them and I can not take it i just wish I was not born into this family they really don’t care what good things I done they only care what bad things I do I just want to feel appreciated

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello, thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what is going on. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time. We understand that it can be frustrating to not have your efforts and feelings acknowledged or to feel appreciated. It may be a good idea to consider having a conversation with your dad about your concerns and feelings. It is important for your dad to understand what is important to you. If you are considering leaving home, you may like to consider reaching out to friends and family members to potentially secure a place to stay. We are not legal experts, however, we do have a lot of experience working with runaway youth. It is our understanding that running away is not illegal. Your parents may file a runaway report, and the police may bring you back home with your dad if they find you.

We are here to support you during this challenging time. We can best help you by telephone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice on the forum to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail, please call or chat us.

We can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786- 2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk, in any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NRS

Hi my name is, Jordyn and, im 12 I've been wanting to run away for years cause my mom has been just getting more and more abusive but we had a open case for abuse by Child Social Server's (css) and I'm really making this forum cause she just got done beating me around the house and i really wanna run away but im just scared i need help but i dont wanna be taken away though and she hates me she hates because i gave a pic of my boobs to a boy because me and him r the same age and everything and i know because weve facetimed we text and weve meet one time but hes the only person who loves like really LOVES me my mom dont even talk to me even before that and my sisters just make everything worse and my mom took my phone a month ago so i have nothing but my school laptop and my dad gets outta jail in two years so imma wait for him to move in with him and leave my mom but for now i need help to run away to get some time alone please help me give me advice and help me gain courage to leave PLEASE ive already tried to slit my wrist before one more thing and shes gonna push me off the edge but please help me btw yes shes black

Comment

• ccsmod9
        ccsmod9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for contacting NRS,
        We are sorry to hear that you are being abused at home. It's not okay for your mom to do something like that to you. It is really brave to reach out and make a Child Abuse Report as you already have. We want to be here to support and help you along your journey through this process.Please know that if you ever need to report again we would be happy to help you out and report alongside you. Somethings that you mentioned that we would like to address is that your mom has been hitting you. If you ever feel as though your life is in danger and you do not feel safe please know you can call 911 and get help quickly its never okay to feel like youre not safe at home. It can be hard to want to have someone care for you as your friend does and that is understandable but when sending things like that it can be dangerous as things can be sent to other people and it can cause alot of problems in the long run. This might be something to think about. It also sounds like you are waiting for your dad to get out of jail. It might be a good idea to also think about other family members who might take you in as well. Maybe there's an aunt or grandma who wouldn't mind having you over and live with them. Finally the last bit of information is that you mentioned slitting your wrists. We are sorry to know that you are not feeling loved and cared for please know that we are here 24/7 and would like to chat with you if you feel like self harming again. Another resource that is available to you is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800-273-8255) or chat : https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ they specialize in talking you through really rough and triggering moments. They are also 24/7 and you can feel free to reach out to them as well.

We are here to support you during this challenging time. We can best help you by telephone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice on the forum to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail, please call or chat us.

We can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786- 2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk, in any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NR
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X