Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to run away but I have no family or friends

I live with my mom who is physically and emotionally abusive. She doesn’t allow me to have a phone or a car or even get a job. My family is very manipulated by my mom and hates me so I can not ask them for help. Also If I disobey her I will be homeless and kicked out on the streets. And cps is not an option because I’m 18. What can I do?

Hey there,
    Thanks for reaching out. That seems like a really oppressive situation, a parent should be supportive and help you grow and become independent not stifle you and keep you at home. It is understandably scary to feel threatened by homelessness. It seems like if you want some freedom you may need to get creative in convincing your mom. It may be possible that volunteering in some capacity would be a way to be less isolated at least. It may also be worth it to look into Temporary Living Places, or Shelters nearby just so you know what resources are around should you need them. Since you are 18 if you did just leave and try to contact other family to try and stay with them your mom legally can’t stop you. Hopefully this has been helpful. You can always call or chat with us more if you have other questions or just need someone to talk to.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X