Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it okay to run away if you are being abused.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I know if I’m being emotional abuse?

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0
      Super Moderator
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      You mentioned possibly experiencing emotional abuse.  Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise.  Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation.  That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share.  Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead.  The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.

We hope this helps. Please reach out if we can offer any further support.

Be safe,

NRS

Hello, I’m reaching out to know if I should run away. I am 15 and my mom is abusive she’ll slap me, pull my hair and choke me. She does more but I’m not going into it but she says also calls me horrible names and dictates the way I dress and calls me a w*#&$ and says I hope you get [email protected]*$^ for wearing that. She also says I’m lazy and a no good daughter and makes me hate myself because of it. My grades are low and I get that’s bad but every time the 50 or below she takes my phone and gets in my face and when I ask her to please stop that’s when she slaps me and treats me like I’m nothing. But then she plays victim saying she never does that and every one around her believes her over me. I really need help on what to do.

ive already sent y'all and email
    ccsmod7
    Super Moderator
    Last edited by ccsmod7; 12-09-2021, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7
      Super Moderator
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you are experiencing emotional and physical harm from your mom. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how to make a report and how a report might be handled by CPS.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. We want you to know that we are here to support you. If you need a space to talk please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us at https://www.1800runaway.org/. We are available 24/7

Stay safe,
      NRS

so where can i go if i do run away bc im 14 abd my life at home is very bad

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15
      Super Moderator
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X