Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilt

My home life has gotten to the point where I know I need to run away, it is the only way to be happy with who I am. I know if they knew, they being my family id be in actual danger. Maybe physically but mentally ill defenitly suffer. The day I will runaway looms ever further this summer, I'll be 18 and school will end, but I fear that as every day to my runaway gets closer I feel scared of the Guilt that'll come from it. I don't want to be caught, I'm in a emotionally, mentally, and verbally abused. I know that once my family if they do find out I'll be in angonizing suffering. My lie is simple I tell my parents that I'm attending college at one school, yet I will attend a different college.

What do I do basically? How do I keep the lie and not be consumed by guilt for the months I'll have to lie. How do I ensure I won't get caught? I really need help.

Re: Guilt

Hello,
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are having a hard time at home trying to get your family to accept you for who you are. We want you to know that there is tons of support out there for you and if you ever need to talk to someone more we are here. It sounds like your plan is to try to wait until you are 18 and then lie to your family about what school you are attending. While we cannot tell you how you can lie about what you would like to happen, we can however talk to you more about your situation and help you come up with ways to make living at home more tolerable. You can always call us to talk about what you are going through and receive some support. We provide free, confidential, and nonjudgmental services. Everyone deserves to be respected and loved. 1-800-RUNAWAY
    http://bulletinboards.1800runaway.or...ar+children%2C
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X