Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overpopulated.

I live in a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom and a half (the bath doesnt work in one of them). I live with my parents, both my sisters (18 and 22) their boyfriends, my nephew, and my uncle. It's basically 8 people in one home. I feel trapped and I can't focus due to the enviroment. I want to move out with a friend, but im 13 and my parents will never allow it. I want to run away but where will I go?

RE: Overpopulated.

Hello,

Thanks for posting on our forum tonight. We’re really glad you did. It sounds like home is very full and it sounds like it would be very difficult for you to feel like you have a moment to yourself or concentrate on school work. That can be so frustrating.

Can you think of any family members or family friends that your parents would be open to letting you stay with since you mentioned a friend that you don’t believe they’d agree to? Sometimes it can be a matter of how you bring something like this to their attention. If you wanted, we could try to help with that. If you wanted to, you could call us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we’d be able to make an outgoing call to one of your parents and help you make a case with them for this move. We’re not able to make any promises, but sometimes having someone there to advocate for you can be helpful. We’re confidential and our lines are open 24/7.

If you don’t think that could work and your parents aren’t giving you any options, you could also try to see if they’d allow you to go somewhere to study to be alone like the library or staying after school. You could also try to get involved in after-school programs if you’re feeling overwhelmed inside all the time.

If you want, you could still try to contact us directly just to get some of this frustration off your chest. Sometimes it can feel good to talk to someone who is going to listen and not judge or tell you what to do. That’s what we’re here for too. If you don’t feel comfortable calling or don’t have access to a phone you could try our Live Chat right here on this website.

We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X