Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my parents don't respect me and they fight with me and eachother a lot

when I was younger, my parets were kind to me. but as i've grown older, my parents treat me with less respect each day. they treat me like I'm five. I know that my mom had a child hood when she didn't do a lot. but i feel that my parents are ruining my child hood. they have also called me bad words and foul names to my face and loudly enough so i can clearly hear them. they say that i have no confidence and that i just follow everyone around. they say that they weren't like me and they are happy they weren't. to add to it, they treat my sisters with great respect and love and i'm the odd one out in this situatoin. lastly, my parnets also fight with eachother. nearly every night, i'm up till 1:00 a.m. listening to their fights. they yell at eachother and call eachother foul names. every day i go to sleep crying at my situation. on of the worst days was when my mother threatened my father with not having sex and then my father stopped fightng immedialty. i am only 13 but i have the possibility to live with my grandma right down the street. i'm miserable and i don't know what to do.

Re: my parents don't respect me and they fight with me and eachother a lot

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like things are really difficult at home right now. Home should be a place where you feel safe and loved. We are here to help you explore your options.

It sounds like you’re around a lot of fighting at home and that it has become a major issue for you. It’s understandable to be upset by all this. You mentioned that you often go to sleep crying. We’re really sorry to hear this. Have you tried sharing with your parents how you are feeling? Another option could be to confide in a close friend, family member or someone at school (teacher, counselor or coach) about what is going on at home. You could also speak with a therapist and we could help you look up some in your area. Sometimes speaking to someone about these feelings can help you work through them. You are worthy and you deserve to be happy.

You also mentioned that you have the possibility of living with your grandma down the street from you. This could be a good option for both you and your parent’s, if you feel that staying somewhere else for a while would help. While we’re not legal experts, generally speaking if you were to leave home without your parent’s permission they could file a runaway report and if the police found, they could make you go back home. So getting your parent’s permission to stay with your grandma would help you. If you want help talking to your parent’s about your options of staying somewhere else for a time, you could use our conference calling service, where you, your parent and someone from the National Runaway Safeline would be a phone call to have a calm conversation about what’s going on at home. You have many options available to you.

If you would like further help exploring any of these options or others in more detail, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling us at 1-800- RUNAWAY or chatting with us live on our website at www.1800.runaway.org. We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Originally posted by ccsmod15 View Post
      Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like things are really difficult at home right now. Home should be a place where you feel safe and loved. We are here to help you explore your options.

It sounds like you’re around a lot of fighting at home and that it has become a major issue for you. It’s understandable to be upset by all this. You mentioned that you often go to sleep crying. We’re really sorry to hear this. Have you tried sharing with your parents how you are feeling? Another option could be to confide in a close friend, family member or someone at school (teacher, counselor or coach) about what is going on at home. You could also speak with a therapist and we could help you look up some in your area. Sometimes speaking to someone about these feelings can help you work through them. You are worthy and you deserve to be happy.

You also mentioned that you have the possibility of living with your grandma down the street from you. This could be a good option for both you and your parent’s, if you feel that staying somewhere else for a while would help. While we’re not legal experts, generally speaking if you were to leave home without your parent’s permission they could file a runaway report and if the police found, they could make you go back home. So getting your parent’s permission to stay with your grandma would help you. If you want help talking to your parent’s about your options of staying somewhere else for a time, you could use our conference calling service, where you, your parent and someone from the National Runaway Safeline would be a phone call to have a calm conversation about what’s going on at home. You have many options available to you.

If you would like further help exploring any of these options or others in more detail, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling us at 1-800- RUNAWAY or chatting with us live on our website at www.1800.runaway.org. We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
      NRS

Hi, I am 17 and there is so much going on, well actually there has been a lot going on since I was a kid. I am emotionally unstable and bi polar because of my past. I am going to leave with out my dad's consent and I will go with mh friend. This all happened when I had a whole missed day at school, I was feeling sick and after 2nd period I ran to the restroom because I felt like puking. So I chose not to go back to class cause i have been getting worse emotionally and i dont even know why i will be so angry in class. So I have stayed at my school to make up hours for that absence and such well the attendance lady did not call my dad and all this non sense began to happen. So my dad comes in the front office terrified if i ran away which I did not but should have. He sees me with my boyfriend's jacket and has a freak out and this all turns into a situation with my boyfriend. ugh! I have had enough of my dad not letting me have a boyfriend 17 ? I cannot even wear make up and i cant go anywhere like believe me when I say no where. Im not being ridiculous this is truth and ive had it with the way my dad has talked to me and how this is all coming down to. EVeryone in my family is fake and I honestly dont love them i have shut them out since I was a KID and its because my awful past. This is all crumbling down and ive had enough you dont understand the half of it. I have got called everythinng and i hate it cause I am not any of that. Im dusgusted at everyone and I am going to leave whatever happens happens i do not care anymore. Me and my dad will never have a father daughter relationship and it is his fault as well. Mostly all his if you reply to me please reply on my email i may not see this reply so mhy email is [email taken out for confidentiality] thank you.
      Last edited by ccsmod3; 10-27-2016, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        when I was younger, my parets were kind to me. but as i've grown older, my parents treat me with less respect each day. they treat me like I'm five. I know that my mom had a child hood when she didn't do a lot. but i feel that my parents are ruining my child hood. they have also called me bad words and foul names to my face and loudly enough so i can clearly hear them. they say that i have no confidence and that i just follow everyone around. they say that they weren't like me and they are happy they weren't. to add to it, they treat my sisters with great respect and love and i'm the odd one out in this situatoin. lastly, my parnets also fight with eachother. nearly every night, i'm up till 1:00 a.m. listening to their fights. they yell at eachother and call eachother foul names. every day i go to sleep crying at my situation. on of the worst days was when my mother threatened my father with not having sex and then my father stopped fightng immedialty. i am only 13 but i have the possibility to live with my grandma right down the street. i'm miserable and i don't know what to do.

Stay strong girl believe me we are all diferrent many ways. I am 17 and i went through the same thing as you please get out that house while you can. It is going to get worse for you and i dont want a young gilr like you ending up like me with more problems and horrible words ahead. They still treat me less and treat the other 3 better. I have been thinking about leaving as well.
        Last edited by ccsmod3; 10-27-2016, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Hello new poster and thank you for your kind words. We want to remind everyone who may read this that while we are not here to tell anyone what to do, we do care about safety. Any minor facing abuse or neglect has the right to make an abuse report which we can help with and there is also Child Help USA:http://www.childhelpusa.org/. Lastly, we'd like to share that while our responses are not always visible to everyone, sometimes people reach out to us on other platforms (such as email or Live Chat) for their responses.
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Tell us what you think about your experience!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Hi, I am 17 and there is so much going on, well actually there has been a lot going on since I was a kid. I am emotionally unstable and bi polar because of my past. I am going to leave with out my dad's consent and I will go with mh friend. This all happened when I had a whole missed day at school, I was feeling sick and after 2nd period I ran to the restroom because I felt like puking. So I chose not to go back to class cause i have been getting worse emotionally and i dont even know why i will be so angry in class. So I have stayed at my school to make up hours for that absence and such well the attendance lady did not call my dad and all this non sense began to happen. So my dad comes in the front office terrified if i ran away which I did not but should have. He sees me with my boyfriend's jacket and has a freak out and this all turns into a situation with my boyfriend. ugh! I have had enough of my dad not letting me have a boyfriend 17 ? I cannot even wear make up and i cant go anywhere like believe me when I say no where. Im not being ridiculous this is truth and ive had it with the way my dad has talked to me and how this is all coming down to. EVeryone in my family is fake and I honestly dont love them i have shut them out since I was a KID and its because my awful past. This is all crumbling down and ive had enough you dont understand the half of it. I have got called everythinng and i hate it cause I am not any of that. Im dusgusted at everyone and I am going to leave whatever happens happens i do not care anymore. Me and my dad will never have a father daughter relationship and it is his fault as well. Mostly all his if you reply to me please reply on my email i may not see this reply so mhy email is [email taken out for confidentiality] thank you.

Often, youth may reach out to NRS in several different ways to discuss their situation. If a response from NRS is not visible on the forum thread, it may be that we have already provided services to that individual through another platform we provide such as email, our crisis hotline, or our live chat service (in operation every day through our website at 1800runaway.org). NRS encourages anyone in need of assistance to contact us through our 24 hour crisis hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY to receive immediate support.

Tell us what you think about your experience!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
            x
            x
            Working...
            X