No announcement yet.

My Friend is being abused i need help NOW

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Friend is being abused i need help NOW

    My friend has always been abused by her parents and she's afraid to ask for help. I told her if it gets bad enough to come to my house and she said she will. but how can i help her further? can i get sued for letting her stay at my house? i'm a sophmore and she's a freshman please i need help fast. What do i do?

  • #2
    Reply: My Friend is being abused i need help NOW

    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

    It sounds like your friend is in a pretty tough situation at home and you would somehow like to help her out. Good for you.
    We are not legal experts here at NRS so we cannot tell you if you could be sued or not. We can say in general that if she were to be reported as a runaway there could be possible charges filed for harboring her.

    Perhaps you might consider talking with your parents about the situation since you are thinking about letting her come to your home.
    You might also consider giving her our 24hr crisis line 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or (live chat).
    We can definitely speak with her about what she might want to do about her situation and if she were to decide that she wanted to file a child abuse report we can assist her to do so.
    Does that make sense?

    You are a very good person for trying to help your friend.
    We hope that we hear from her soon.

    Take Care,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp