No announcement yet.

I'm 15 I want to run away what paperwork do I need so my parents cant take me back.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm 15 I want to run away what paperwork do I need so my parents cant take me back.

    I'm 15 turning 16 in August. I hate living with my family and in this town. My dad is great he does the best he can to make things work but it's my mother that's the issue. She's lazy and brutal. I was constantly bullied during elementary school and middle school because I have severe ADHD and i did dumb things. My mother never believed me when Id say I was being made fun of and she's openly told me she wished she had aborted me when she had the chance. My family is well off and I'm an only child and live comfortably in terms of money but id rather live poor and feel loved than how I'm living now with a mother that hates me and a dad that's only staying because he doesn't want to leave me with my mother. I have places I could run to and get away. I'm wondering what paperwork and documents do I need to get before I leave so my parents won't be able to file reports and get me back. I don't wish to live with them anymore and want to know how I can get out of this situation.

  • #2
    Hello, thank you for reaching out to us.

    We are sorry to hear about your situation, you do not deserve to be treated like that by your mom. You are a valuable human being and your life matters. It is unfair that you were bullied in elementary and middle school and that your mom did not believe you when you told her about it. It is understandable that you are considering leaving and how you want to feel loved.

    To address your mention on how your dad is only staying with your mom because he doesn’t want to leave you alone with her, have you spoken to him about your thoughts and feelings before? Perhaps telling him may open some options for both of you or give you some more support at home. You discussed interest in documentation that would allow you to be independent from your parents, which could mean emancipation. Yet, emancipation requires certain conditions depending on the state you are living in. If you would like more information on this subject, please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 we are available 24-7 and are confidential. Along with this, we would like to offer another hotline called NAMI, they are also free and confidential and their number is 1-800-950-6264. It can be helpful to have someone to speak to for emotional support.

    Again, we’re really glad that you reached out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help and you are trying to figure out your options which is really good to see. If you would like to talk further about your situation, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us. We’re here to listen, here to help.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif