No announcement yet.

My names Trevor

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My names Trevor

    My girlfriends parents are trying to send her away to live with her father and she doesn't want to go. But her life with her mom is really stressful and she already struggles with depression. She can't seem to get any support from her mom or step-dad. Once she turns 16, would she be able to come live with me? We live in Wisconsin if that helps.

  • #2
    Hello there,
    Thank you for reaching The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like your girlfriend is going through a really difficult time right now. It is great that you are there to support your girlfriend and are willing to let her live with you.
    We are not legal experts but we do have some information on the laws. If your girlfriend does leave home without permission her legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find her they most likely would bring her home. Also whoever she were to stay with could potentially get in trouble for harboring a runaway.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp