No announcement yet.

Help me please

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help me please

    So I feel as if I’m over reacting about this because of everything my family tells me but in some way I don’t think it’s right to dismiss my feelings, so yeah, I’m sorry if I end up being in the wrong. My mother makes me feel like I’m a burden, I ask her for something like a new toothbrush or deodorant cause I ran out she acts as if I am the worst thing that ever came out of her, I have gone a month with out a toothbrush and even long with stuff like body wash, shampoo, conditioner, hygiene stuff like that. Until she HAS to go to the store for ******** even then it’s not very likely he gets us stuff. When I apologize for something like forgetting to do a chore (she hasn’t done a single thing to clean our house since I was old enough to clean the dishes) she yells at me for being a “selfish lazy **********” or “I only think about myself”. I also flinch like crazy when ever anyone does anything near me, some kid behind me was going to high five a kid next to me and I on instinct flinched to get slapped, and when ever I get yelled at I flinched when they stop talking again waiting to get slapped, because of her whenever I feel like I need to speak up or say anything she’ll slap me upside the head. I wanna leave cause I can’t take it anymore I’m tired of feeling like I’m the worst thing in the world I just want to feel accepted. Am I being selfish or should I find a way out?

  • #2
    Hello There,
    Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, and sharing your story with us we know that it takes great courage to reach out and we are so glad that you decided to reach out. It sounds like you are being neglected which you do not deserve and we are sorry you are dealing with that. You do have a right to report the neglect and there are a few ways you can go about doing this. One option to consider is to talk with your school counselor about what has been going on, because they are mandated reporters they would be required to make a report. Another option to consider is to contact Child Help: 1800-422-4453. You can also contact us and we would be more than happy to help you in making a report.
    We are not legal experts but we do have some information on leaving home as a minor. If you were to leave home your legal guardian could file a runaway report and if the police were to find you they most likely would bring you home.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove