Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need someone to talk to about running away (ITS URGENT)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need someone to talk to about running away (ITS URGENT)

Hi I am 14 years old and I live in 84404 l, Ogden, Utah. And I am going to runaway, but I need someone to call the police for me and to ask them these specific questions, (how would you respond to a runaway being caught at a friend's house?, would the friend's parents get into trouble?, would you contact the runaway parents?, and would you force the runaway back home?).

Please answer these for me I am leaving tomorrow Monday night.

re: I need to talk to someone

Hey there,

We would be glad to help you get some answers to those questions. We do need you to call into our hotline for us to help though. Usually we can help to answer those questions during daytime hours, when the police have the staff available to talk with us about that. Hope to hear from you soon! Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929)

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

If you haven't successfully gotten away yet then I have something to say it is considered a misdominer to harbor a runaway which would mean that yes your freind and his or her parents would get in trouble and yes you would be sent home

Comment

Hi. I am super anxious and scared. A few more reasons I have to run away but still.

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
          Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
          If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
          We hope to hear from you soon.
          Be safe, NRS

i am going to runaway this weekend and i might have the option to live with my bestfriend and her mom but i need another option if they bail on me.

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
          While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
          We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by forum to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. We can help look up shelters or other housing programs for you.
          Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
          If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
          Be safe,
          NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
      x
      x
      Working...
      X