Religious Problems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religious Problems

My parents are Jehovah's Witnesses, and they raised me to be one, as well. I hate it. I don't know if I believe it, but the boundaries my parents set on me because of the Bible are ridiculous. I have become known as "evil" to my mother, who is a horrible one at that. She tried to kick me out of the house earlier this year because I had a boyfriend, he was incredibly kind too. She physically abuses my sisters and I when we don't do what she wants us to do, or rebel against her at all. She calls me horrible things; stupid, useless, evil. I can't think of a single thing she does right as a mother. She literally makes me want to die. She says that she sets all these restrictions on me because she loves me, but that is a flat out lie. I absolutely hate my life and her. I’ve told my dad before that I don’t want to be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, but they just force me to continue. I need to run away from this family, this religion. I don’t have any money, and my mom took my phone away and said that she is never going to give it back to me. Please help.

Re: Religious Problems

Hi,
    We are so glad to you reached out to us. We are sorry to hear you are made to feel like you want to die. If you feel unsafe or are considering ending your life call 911 for immediate help. You can also call the National Suicide Hotline, 1-800-273-TALK, or www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
    You do not deserve to be abused and called horrible things. If filing an abuse report is something you’d like to learn more about you can always call us, we are available 24/7 (1-800-786-2929). You can also contact “Child Help” 1-800-422-4453, for more questions about abuse reporting.
    We can also help you discuss leaving home or alternative plans. If you are in school, there may be a school counselor or other adult who you could talk to for additional support. It sounds like you want to run away from your family, and thinking about where you will go and how you will support yourself can be helpful questions to think about. Reaching out for help can be very difficult, and we are so glad you wrote to us.
    Please do not hesitate to reach out to us by phone or chat (1-800-786-2929) if you want to help brainstorm your options.
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X