X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod3
    replied
    Thank you for reaching out to us. Your friend is lucky to have someone like you who cares so much that you want to help him out. Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you and your friend through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. You can also provide the information for SAMHSA, (Substance Abuse a& Mental Health Services, at 1800-662-HELP to your friend and he can find different therapist in his area or facilities that may be able to help him. We’re here to listen and to help and hope you or your friend can reach out soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    Take care.
    Last edited by ccsmod3; 01-25-2020, 12:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Friend in trouble

Friend in trouble

Hi, I have a friend of mine who has struggled and continues to struggle with depression, anxiety, and substance abuse. He dropped out of my high school class in the 11th grade, and has been at home since then. For reference I'm in my first year of college now. But his parents are ridiculously abusive and toxic, and while he is trying to get out of our hometown and his house, it's like they don't want him to leave. He is a menace in their household, and yet neither of his parents make literally any effort to support his growth. That environment exacerbates the problems i mentioned in the beginning, and I want desperately to help him but I don't know how. In order to begin the road to recovering, he needs to be in a better environment, and I would love some advice on how to help him get there. He's a really smart guy, and he deserves a chance at a life.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X