Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m 11 and I want to runaway

My parents divorced when I was 6 but they live in the same house, I don’t feel safe at home anymore my dad screams and yells every once In while and I always try to find a place to hide but there’s no where. I’m worried that if this anger keeps going on it’s going to become physical. School used to be my safe place until this girl started criticizing me and I sit alone at lunch I just have no one to talk to. But right now I can’t trust either of my parents so I really just feel like running away from my life. What should I do?

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS. We realize it takes a lot of courage to share and we appreciate you being willing to share a little bit about your situation. We are here to listen and here to help. Divorce can be really difficult, we’re sorry you’ve had to deal with that.
    You deserve to feel safe at home. If at any point it becomes physical and you are in immediate danger, we encourage you to call 911.

It sounds like you feel very isolated at school. One option you may have is talking to your school counselor about what you’re experiencing both at school and at home. Sometimes talking to someone can help you feel better and they may be able to provide you with resources. You are not alone.
    You know what’s best for your situation. If you want to talk more in depth about your situation and explore your options and the resources available to you, please give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or you can chat with us at our website www.1800runaway.org.

Be safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X