Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Hello I am 12 and I don't want to live with my mom and her boyfriend and I want to live with my grandma instead but my mom will not let me. Is their a way I could move in with my grandma?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It's totally normal to be scared at the idea of running away because it's such a big decision to face. We would like to help you think about what your options are as well as just get an idea of what's going on for you. The best way we can help is if you call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us by clicking on the chat button on our website: www.1800runaway.org. We are confidential and here for you 24/7. Please reach out soon so we can help!

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I’m 7 and I’m scared to run away but I need help

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,

Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway, we are here to listen and here to provide support to you. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now and we want you to know that you are not alone.
    It is unfair that you have to do chores, and your siblings do not do anything around the house to help out. One option to consider would be to talk to your mother about how you are feeling, she may be able to talk with your siblings. You can also consider talking to a school counselor about what is going on at home.
    We are not legal experts but we do have some information on what could happen if you decide to run away. Because you are a minor if you were to leave without permission your mother does have a right to file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home.

We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here for you 24/7.
    Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    I am 12 I live with my mom and brothers and my brothers dont evr do nything auround the house and they are in their 20s and im the only one ever doing chores. My mom yells at me alot im scared o be alone with her and i just want to leave this place my friedms live in very toxic enviroments and we all want to move to my gma what do we do????

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you have been going through a difficult time, and we want you to know you are not alone.
    We are not legal experts but if you were to leave without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home. You could talk with you mom and grandmother about possibly staying with your grandma for a little bit. Also you could consider talking with your grandma or a school counselor about how you are feeling.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hello!im wondering if I can run away and live with my grandma she’s way more nicer than my mom but how should I do this I’m think I should call my gradual when no ones here and ask her to pick me up BECUASE I’m 9 and I know a lot about stuff I can manly cook for myself and also I can take care of myself BECUASE in the day she goes to work and I really don’t not like to be yelled at from my mom all the time I love her and all but-she just too mean s oh got to go if you read this tganks for taking your time!!bye.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like the food situation at home has been pretty shaky, and it’s tough to feel like you’ve got steady access to food. What you can do about your situation really depends on what you’re comfortable with, and we would encourage you to reach out to us if this is something you’d like to discuss.

It may help to talk to your mom about what you’ve noticed regarding the food situation at home, and the concerns you have about making sure there’s enough food for both of you at home. If you and your mom are experiencing food insecurity, it may help to talk to your mom about maybe looking for a local food pantry so that they can help supplement the food that your mom isn’t able to get. If you feel like your grandma may be good option for you, it may help to talk to her about what you’ve noticed to see if she may be able to help talk to your mom. Whatever you decide, know that we are here for you. Depending on where you live, there may be several options that you and your mom can explore to make sure that there’s enough food at home. We’re available 24/7 via chat at www.1800runaway.org or by phone at 1.800.786.2929 (RUNAWAY). We’re here to listen, here to help. Stay safe!

NRS

Guest replied
    My mom. I love her but sometimes she can be CRAZY. She sits outside all night smoking and she used to smoke weed. she doesn’t buy food for me To snack on sometimes I start eating dinner and if I don’t eat it all and go to the bath room when I come back my food is gone some days I do t get lunch I know that there are people with worse problems but I don’t know

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Thank you for contacting NRS. It sounds like you are going through a very tough time and we’re glad you reached out to us. It sounds like you are experiencing a lot of very difficult issues and we are sure that that feels overwhelming to you. It is very brave of you to take control of the situation and look for solutions and contacting us is definitely a great first step.

If you are having suicidal thoughts that is a very serious situation. If you are feeling like you are going to harm yourself you should call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. They have volunteers available 24/7 to talk to you and help you to find the resources you need. Another potential resource is the National Alliance on Mental Illness at 1-800-950-NAMI (6264), text NAMI to 741741 or www.nami.org.

We are not legal experts, but we can provide some general information that may be helpful to you. Laws vary from state to state, but as a 15 year old you are likely considered a minor. Running away is not a crime, but if you do leave home, and you are picked up by the police, they would likely take you back to your parents. As you pointed out, in some states if you are staying with someone and you are picked up there, they could be charged with harboring a runaway.

You could consider calling the non-emergency number of your local police department and they may be able to tell you how they handle runaway and harboring cases. Since you are considering going to your grandmother’s house, they may be unlikely to charge her with harboring a runaway. If you are not comfortable making the call yourself, you can call us and we can make the call with or for you.
    You also mention that you had charges files against you. Since you are a minor, these are most likely juvenile charges. If so, they are not criminal charges. The fact that these charges exist could affect the way the police would handle your case if you are picked up.

You can always call or chat with us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.org. We have volunteers available 24/7 to talk and to help you find the information and resources you need to deal with your situation.
    We wish you the best!

Guest replied
    I just recently got filed charges on behavioral issues. I want to leave and go live with my grandma who will take good care of me. I already tried to tell my parents I want to live with her but they won’t let me saying it’s a bad choice. I don’t have any independence at my house, sometimes get over punished for back-talking and other behavior stuff, my parents don’t accept me, and they won’t let me hang out with most of my fiends. I am 15 but can’t take it anymore. My stepdad told me I can leave if I want to but I’m scared he was just saying that to get me to go to jail. In my state anyone who helps me run away with be put into jail for about a year. My grandma is 73 and doesn’t deserve that but she just wants to help. Please help me out. I don’t know what to do anymore. Anyone I go to will be in trouble and I might be as well. My parents are the main reason I wanna die though so idk what to do.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There.
    Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline and sharing some of your story with us. It does sound like you are going through a really difficult time right now.
    One option to consider would be to speak with your father about letting you come back. We know that these conversations can be awkward so that is why at NRS we offer conference calling. Conference calling allows you to be heard and we are there to provide support to you.
    We are not legal experts but if you do leave home without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home. One option you could consider is emancipation, which would grant you adult rights before turning 18. To find out more about emancipation you can call your local court house or call us for free legal aid numbers. Another option since you mentioned you are depressed would be too speak with a school counselor about what is going on. Sometimes it helps to have someone you can talk to and vent too.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support to you. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    Im currently living with my parents in pa after my dad kicked me out I used to live in ny and I want to run away to go live with my grandma I am not happy here at all I have no friends or family here and I think my dad should take me back but he is mad at me and my boyfriend doesn’t want to do long distance so it’s making me feel very depressed I am thinking of running away what should I do I’m only 17

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hello! Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We understand that you are going through a difficult time right now in your household, and appreciate you being open about your current situation.

To begin with, you mentioned that you do not want to live with your mom anymore, because nothing is the same like how it was back home with your friends, and relatives. It’s understanding to feel that way, especially when you’re starting a new school away from everything that is familiar to you. We encourage that you sit down with your mom and step dad, and let them know how you are feeling, they may be able to help you feel better adjusted. You may want to tell them that you miss your friends and family back home, to see if they have any ideas for keeping in touch with them.

Furthermore, you mentioned that if you were to move in with some else, your mom might stop caring about you. It’s common to feel this way, especially when you feel you might hurt the ones that you love. If you would like help talking to your mom about the way you have been feeling, we can facilitate a conference a call. We will be on the phone with you to make sure you feel heard.

Thank you once again for reaching out, we understand you’re experiencing a difficult time and want you to know that you are not alone. Don’t forget we are a 24/7 hotline, so please reach out to us anytime. You can call us at 1-800-786-2929 or use our chat services at 1800runaway.org. Best of luck!

Guest replied
    I want to move with my grandma Bach weren’t old school was in no my mom moved me to Leland N.C. I have friends in school but some of them are mean and fake some of them are good friends it’s just it’s different there not like my bffs for life in New Jersey and then I would see family too cause I have no family here I don’t want to move with my dad but I know she would let me but I’m scared she wouldn’t let me keep anything she got me or she won’t love me know more I am happy for my mom and step cause they’ll get to buy house cause Jersey was to expensive but I’m just scared that she’ll forget about me and not want to see me ever again

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X