Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to live with my mom anymore

I'm 14 and I don't want to live with my mom because she is strict and she keeps threatening me with a belt because "I'm not listening" and she'll hit me with the belt and I don't like her because of it and foe the part she hit my sister when my dad and and mom were having an argument with each other. And she won't let me get educational help with my classes and I have low grades except for ELA and school gets hard very hard

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are having a really tough time at home with your parent’s. We do understand that it can feel frustrating when it feels like you are being treated unfairly. It seems poor communication is an issue and contributor to what’s been going on. You don’t deserve to be hit. It’s not your fault that this is happening. We would like to hear more about your situation and how you feel about the situation and what changes might help to make things better for you.

We are here to listen and here to help.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I'm 15 and im thinking about running away. I'm really tired. And after a fight my mom and I got into a couple of days ago, I don't think I can do it anymore. I either die or I leave and I don't know which one I want to do. We are always fighting and some of it is my fault but it's just how emotionally insensitive she is. She did not get enough love as a child, so of course she does the same to us. We are not all strong, and I don't think I can do it anymore. I plan on leaving tommorow morning. Please help. (I don't know if this I where I should do this but yeah.)

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us for help. We are so sorry to hear that the dynamics at home have gotten so challenging. It sounds like the fighting that goes on at home has made you feel that leaving is your best option. Please know that we are here to support you, and we’ll do our best to help you figure out your next steps.

It’s great that you’re thinking ahead and asking for help. Some things that might help you out as you figure out your next steps can include the following:
        Where will you go to stay safe?
        How long will you be there?
        How will you support yourself?
        Is there anyone that might be willing to take you in?

We’re not legal experts, but from what we understand, if you are considered a minor in your state, and you choose to leave without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, they can file a runaway report with their local police department. Running away is technically not illegal, but it is considered a status offense in some states. How the local police handle runaway reports can vary from state to state, but if you are in an area where they actively look for runaway or missing youth, and they locate you, they typically return you to your legal guardian or have them pick you up. Although it’s not illegal for you to run away, anyone you stay with can potentially be charged with harboring a runaway or aiding and abetting a minor.

We understand that your situation at home has felt unbearable, and we want you to know that we are here for you. We won’t tell you what to do, but we will do our best to help you stay as safe as possible as you decide your next steps. If you feel you need to talk to someone, or you’d like to go over your options, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We are available 24/7 by phone at 1.800.RUNAWAY (786.2929), as well as via chat at www.1800runaway.org. We’re here to listen, here to help. Stay safe!

NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X