Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My family is way too strict

I'm 14 and live with my mum dad and two siblings. I am a good student at school, top set in most subjects. My parent said think that everyone in my family spends too much time on screens. So firstly thy set up parenting locks on my phone like screen time. It is kinda unfair though cos I basically only get an hour on social media and that's how us teens communicate to our friends. I wasn't too angry about that ( kinda pissed me of though) but then they put screen time on the laptop and also you need a password to watch anything other than live tv on the tv. They constantly take away my phone and say it's because I'm "rude". They make me want to leave to go to my best friends house but I just don't have the guts to . I constantly think about self harming and suicide and it's getting annoying. What should I do?

Hello,

Thank you ever so much for reaching out to us. We’re so sorry to hear that things have been so challenging at home with your parents. It sounds like the stress of everything that’s going on at home has made you consider self-harm and suicide. Please know that we are here to help.

One of the options you have available to you is to try talking to your family about how their restrictions affect you. We understand that this can be a challenging conversation, and for that reason, you can feel welcome to give us a call if you’d like to brainstorm the best approach, or even if you feel like you’d like help communicating with them. You can also feel free to reach out to us if you’re just feeling overwhelmed with everything that’s going on and just want to talk to someone about your options. Another option is to reach out to other supportive organizations. One of these organizations, National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, are also there to support and encourage you to stay safe. They can be reached by phone at 1.800.273.8255, or you can visit their website at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org . Whatever you decide, know that there is support available for you.

Please know that we are here for you. We won’t tell you what to do, but we will do our best to help you stay as safe as possible while you figure out your next steps. You can reach us by phone, 24/7, by dialing 1.800.RUNAWAY (786.2929), or visiting our website at www.1800runaway.org to chat live with us. We’re here to listen, here to help. Stay safe!

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X