Help! I need advice.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I need advice.

Hi I'm 13 years old and I need to go to an adoption center. My parents can't afford to care for me, but I love them very much. They do love me and try to care, but my family is so broke they can't afford to buy food. We can hardly pay bills, and keep our pets. I just can't stand having to eat beans and ramen all the time. Sooner or later were going to lose our house because they can't afford it. Someone help?

Re: Help! I need advice.

Hello,
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are concerned for your parent’s ability to care for you, which is a concern of ours as well. However we want you to know that adoption is not something that you would be eligible for since you are still under your parents care.
    You mentioned that they are having trouble buying food for you, we don’t imagine that it is easy eating the same things all of the time. If you would like we can look into soup kitchens or food pantries in your area. These would be places that provide free food for lower income having households. We can also looking into housing assistance since you mentioned your fear of them losing the house.
    It really does sound like you love your parents and that they love you too but you guys seem to be going through a hard time financially. We want you to know that you are not alone and that we are going to do whatever we can to help you. 1-800-RUNAWAY
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X