Can someone help at all?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help at all?

I tried CPS, guidance counselors, and even a resource officer. No help. I am done with this.
    My situation is my family, obviously. Constant fighting and screaming every day is not how I want to spend my home time.
    The exposure to violence is insane. I used to be physically abused. Now, it's just my parents and my brother doing most of the fist fights.
    My brother has been kicked for months, but now is back. The fights are more elevated now.
    I'm just SICK of being mentally and emotionally kicked every single day.
    I am SICK of seeing my family fighting over petty things.
    Just SICK of my family in general. I am done.
    Don't recommend therapy. Don't recommend counseling. I want out. I am serious.
    Every time therapy and counseling is recommended, my parents don't try it. At all. They ignore it.
    Apparently they can't "afford" counseling nor therapy.
    So, please, do me a favor, and help me out this house. Thank you.

Re: Can someone help at all?

Thank you for reaching out to us; it was a very brave thing to do. The situation with your family sounds very upsetting. It sounds like you have tried many different options and none have them have worked for you, so it is understandable as to why you are feeling frustrated.
    You mentioned that you were physically abused and your brother is currently being abused by your parents. No one deserves to be treated that way. One option you have is to file an abuse report with the police. This can sometimes be a very scary thing to do alone. If you give us a call at 1-800-786-2929, we can help walk you through the steps of filing a report. You could also call Child Help USA information number at 1-800-422-4453. They are dedicated to helping children who are being abused.
    It sounds like you tried CPS, and it didn’t work. Sometimes it takes multiple reports for the process to take effect. There are more formal legal options we could discuss with you if you were to call us.
    Thank you again for reaching out to us. If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
    Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X